Quantcast

AHHH!! I think I screwed up my tV!

F

freesey

Okay I was messing with my speaker drivers in front of my tv cause im building a new boc for em (Yes I know stupid me!) and now there is a bloody purple spot on my tv! Is there any way to get rid of it!?!?

W

wharfman

yes turn it off (not standby)......leave it for a while .......turn it back on ......should be ok

F

freesey

thank you, Im gonna leave it off till tomorrow and see what happens! If it doesnt work. oh man...Oh well time for a flat screen anyways!

S

Squirrel God

If turning it off and on doesn't work (try several times), then it's worth getting an engineer round to wave his degaussing wand around the affected area(s).

J

jim.rae

Every time you switch on your TV from cold - that's not stand by - but with the big switch on the front which puts the light on, your TV will de-magnetise itself to remove colour stains on the screen, as the set manufactures know that magnetic fields can appear from a number of source - including the earth.

If the stains are bad, it might take two or three switchings to clear them - give the set 15 minutes or so to cool down before you do another one.

If they don't clear then you need a deguassing coil which you rotate in front of the screen to take away the magnetic field.

You would have to had very powerful magnets around to do any lasting damage!

F

freesey

Thanks everyone everything is clear again *phew* lol I was playing with some 8" woofers with some big magnets on them ;)

Top Bottom