Agonising over a DVD recorder

crawf1982

I feel the time has come for me to get a DVD recorder. Predictably I have narrowed the choices down to the Panasonic E30 and the Philips 890. My only big concern is the DV input. Is there a noticeable difference in quality between a DVD recording made via a DV connection compared to via a S-Video connection?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Dave

AV Junky

DV input is for connecting a digital camcorder. If you have one of these, with the correct output on the camcorder (FireWire), then go for a model with the DV connector. Quality should be much higher than s-video. If you don't have the camcorder, then you don't need the DV connector.

M

Mark Bennett

Hi

I had the same debate and decided to go for the Panasonic E30. As a friend pointed out I'm likely to want to edit the DV footage first so transfering the raw footage to DVD wasn't really useful.

M

malcom

Novice Member
I have a digi cam and have copied to the E20 via the "S" video connections. Results are excellent. Can't see the difference from the master. If you intend to use a 500 inch TV screen then perhaps Ilink would be needed...:D :D :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom