Aghhh, my AV9

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Wonka, Jan 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Wonka

Wonka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I have some friends around for N.Year and all is going well, lots of loud (aka 60 on AV9) music (via CD on Direct setting) , 4 hours in and it all ends with an appalling amplified electrical hum instead of music :eek:

I rush to the unit to turn off. I then turn it all back on and the hum is still there. So no more music for the rest of the night.

Turn on the unit in the morning and CD plays ok. Switch to TV and I start getting loss of audio replaced with intermittant hum (which lasts maybe 1 sec max). After 5 mins no more humming.

Any ideas please ? I've checked all the cables. The fact that it happens via CD or DVD suggests it's something in the AV9.

The unit is well in a well ventilated open sided stand, so I've ruled out overheating.

Suggestions welcome, though I'm thinking it's time to locate my nearest dealer and get Arcam to sort it out

2. RumNYC

RumNYC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It might have overheated causing the digal board to die. Mine did and fixed under warranty.

3. iandb

iandb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You have my sympathies. My own AV9 went tits up before Xmas but my dealer (Audio-t, Southampton) were good enough to lend me their demo unit until mine is fixed.