AGH onedrive help please

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is so annoying and maybe i am dumb but...........

I am on a new build windows 10 and one drive has started uploading a bunch of stuff to the cloud.

OK i can live with that, documents with game saves etc... but as DEFAULT it also deletes from local folder. That is outrageous behaviour.

on top of that, one folder in my documents is 14GB. i dont want to upload this esp as i only have 5gb of data but it wont stop uploading.... i and on top of that it has deleted half a program from my pc as it has uploaded that bit!.

now i know you could argue installing software in your documents folder is not a good idea, but i didnt make the software!

I have tried unticking it from the onedrive software and it has just ignored me and carried on. i dont know what to do.... is there any way to 1) stop it uploading specific files in a folder and 2) have it automatically restore what it has removed from my pc (without any warning at all)

really annoyed..... I am sure it is reversible but that is not the point. A pc should never move important documents without my specific sayso.

Which folder is it using on your PC? By default it should use the Onedrive folder (C:\users\<username>\Onedrive) but the way I'm reading your post it's using your Documents folder? (c:\users\<username>\Documents). I've just checked a new build Windows 10 PC and it's set to use the Onedrive folder and it hasn't deleted any local files.

Hi thanks for your reply. So it seems to be automatically moving my entire documents folder from my local documents folder over to the onedrive folder and then uploading them to the cloud ...
As default there was a box checked "free up space on local machine" (am paraphrasing as on school run) I have unchecked this now so presumably no longer deleting local files but my other issue remains. It won't stop uploading and there is, a 14,GB folder in there I absolutely don't want uploading... But would like to upload the rest of my documents. Regardless of what I do (other than closing the one drive app) I can't stop it uploading.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom