1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AGH! My psu has packed up on my coolermaster case.

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by MikeKay1976, Jul 26, 2005.

1. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,299
    the psu came with the case, i hope that dabs dont want the whole case back & just the psu, as postage will cost loads on the whole thing AND it will mean stripping the whole thing. Is it just me who thinks having to pay for postage on faulty goods is out of order??

anyways does anyone know if dabs are likely to accept the psu by itsself?

if it was a normal psu i would probably just sack it off & buy new *which may be what they are hoping) but the desktop cavalier uses a none standard unit, so i couldnt put another psu in there if i tried.

anyone with experience of dabs in this sort of thing i would love to hear.

Coolermaster themselves wont rma it for me.

2. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having just rma'd a lacie usb drive back to dabs. You don't pay the returns postage. The rma is all done through the website. I don't think they will accept just the psu as they don't replace things, they just refund you.

They arrange the pick up and pay for it, you just select what day you'd like it picked up.

3. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,299
    thats odd, maybe i read the info wrong but i thought i had to pay, still thats a good thing i guess. could be that becasue the item is 3 months old it makes a difference.??? that or i need to learn to read

4. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could be, my drive lasted 5 minutes (just long enough to start using it)

The RMA thing on the website asks you a load of questions and then tells you if they will pay for the postage or if you do.