Agents of SHIELD Season 7 (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

So true about this series. Started like a week by week story with super baddies appearing and getting beaten and it was quite boring. Then they changed the show I suspect because of the ratings
Unlikely becuase it directly tied in with Captain America Winter Soldier. That would have been planned months in advance.

As much as I loved this in the early days, the final three seasons left me cold. I struggle to explain why. The fifth season's time travelling shenanigans gave me a bit of a headache and I rapidly started to lose interest. Then it was the Chronicoms and "Sarge" and .... meh. I was hoping the ultimate finale would bring back
Brett Dalton or Gabriel Luna
but alas not.

I was one of the few who actually enjoyed S1, and S2 - S4 were just fantastic. They never beat "Parting Shot" (S3) IMHO for a farewell episode.

We started watching AoS back in the day and got to Season 3. Then what with life and other stuff happening it fell by the wayside. So when it was announced that S1-6 were on D+ with Season 7 to come, we jumped back on and boy what an emotional rollercoaster we’ve been on the last few months.

We just got through the final 2 episodes this evening. What a wonderful way to close the show out. Beautifully done. It’s ridiculously hard to nail endings to shows but they did a great job here.

And while some seasons were stronger than others (3&4 especially), we were really happy that they got to finish their story and that we were there for the ride.

Thank you Agents of Shield.

We started watching AoS back in the day and got to Season 3. Then what with life and other stuff happening it fell by the wayside. So when it was announced that S1-6 were on D+ with Season 7 to come, we jumped back on and boy what an emotional rollercoaster we’ve been on the last few months.

We just got through the final 2 episodes this evening. What a wonderful way to close the show out. Beautifully done. It’s ridiculously hard to nail endings to shows but they did a great job here.

And while some seasons were stronger than others (3&4 especially), we were really happy that they got to finish their story and that we were there for the ride.

I've watched the first 3 episodes and they have Easter eggs everywhere. It's very similar to WandaVision except in this case the are using them to end the series rather than to continue in their universe.

Fully agree , really nice way to go out.

Shame, but I'm convinced this isn't the last we'll see of some of them....

Of course she has, same goes for all other actors that have denied involvement in films/shows as they are under an NDA so I wouldn’t give up all hope ;)

I've watched the first 3 episodes and they have Easter eggs everywhere. It's very similar to WandaVision except in this case the are using them to end the series rather than to continue in their universe.
Very late I know but I didn't actually watch the 3rd episode. So I've watched it now and it's probably the worst written AoS episode I have ever watched. Whoever wrote it cared very little for story or flow and certainly knew nothing about subtlety. I had to check that this writing/directing combo wasn't responsible for any more episodes. Man this was awful, especially after watching how Captain America and the Winter Soldier handled race, belonging and even terrorism, this episode felt like it was created by college students from the University of Hollywood.

Very late I know but I didn't actually watch the 3rd episode. So I've watched it now and it's probably the worst written AoS episode I have ever watched. Whoever wrote it cared very little for story or flow and certainly knew nothing about subtlety. I had to check that this writing/directing combo wasn't responsible for any more episodes. Man this was awful, especially after watching how Captain America and the Winter Soldier handled race, belonging and even terrorism, this episode felt like it was created by college students from the University of Hollywood.
We just rewatched Winter Soldier last night, (Working through Falcon & the Winter Soldier & doing this as part of a refresher course on the backplot). We were again impressed how it puts all the points of view very evenly on the table, leaving the viewer to decide.
(I started re-watching AoS a week ago, but on realising that I had only got through Season 1, watched a few episodes of Season 2 then stopped again. I love anything with Coulson in, but that's a lot of hours to invest to get through all the seasons)

Episode 7 has to be up there with the silliest AoS episodes ever written. But it was so much fun with callbacks to Weird Science, A-Team, Battlestar Galactica and Short Circuit, I couldn't help but like it.

Final episode. Kind of an amalgam of the goofiness of season one (first half) and the more serious nature of the show going forward. A ridiculous amount of movie duct tape both figuratively and literally with the Chronicoms lol. As soon as I saw Lola I knew exactly what the final shot would be. A bitter sweet ending but on the whole it was a lot of fun* :)

Even if it is a more convoluted retread of Endgame.

*Except the stupidly dense 3rd episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 7 has to be up there with the silliest AoS episodes ever written. But it was so much fun with callbacks to Weird Science, A-Team, Battlestar Galactica and Short Circuit, I couldn't help but like it.
Watched it last night and have to say thought was the weakest so far fitting so may references to the era as well as the above Max Headroom and way too camp.
I though the robot a conglomerate of Cylon, Johnny 5 and Crichton(from Buck Rogers).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom