Agents of SHIELD Season 7 (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

keithwiggins

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Given the limitations imposed on Agents of Shield, I've always been impressed by how clever and genuinely entertaining it actually is.

Styles

Standard Member
Season 4 was my favourite as it was like 3 mini seasons with Ghost Rider, the LMD arc and the framework. The Fitz heel turn in the framework was amazing.

Earthscope

Thanks Cas.
Looking forward to watching the first 2 episodes tonight. :smashin:

Final Season, and Supernatural too...:(
Been a great run with old friends.

VGzilla

Last night finished the final season of X-Files and started Agents of Shield over again from the beginning so Season 7 bringing a fitting close to one of my other favorites is great news!

Last edited:

Evinger

Thanks for a great Review Cas - glad you got a good one to Review this time!
Always liked this series, but somehow just stopped watching at some point. Don't have Disney but when things get better I look forward with watching right through.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Thanks for a great Review Cas - glad you got a good one to Review this time!
Always liked this series, but somehow just stopped watching at some point. Don't have Disney but when things get better I look forward with watching right through.
It's an easy one to lose track of - it was served particularly badly in the UK so I'm so glad Disney picked it up as it's much easier to watch properly / in good quality / without adverts etc.

Now regret picking up all those old, lavish, but totally impractical box sets for the first 4(?) seasons. Damn, they look good, but what a waste of money, I'm pretty sure a couple are still sealed!

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I didn't read too much of this review as I don't want any spoilers. A lot of people got turned off by the first half of season 1. I quite enjoyed it as a bit of entertaining fluff. Come on, the flying car was fun.

But then Winter Soldier broke everything including the AOS universe. Characters that were complained about as being boring, suddenly had deep backstories and even the Inhumans became involved. I never really liked Sky/Daisy but she kind of grew on me over the series. Coulson (sounds familiar), May and Fitz-Simmonds were always great.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I didn't read too much of this review as I don't want any spoilers. A lot of people got turned off by the first half of season 1. I quite enjoyed it as a bit of entertaining fluff. Come on, the flying car was fun.

But then Winter Soldier broke everything including the AOS universe. Characters that were complained about as being boring, suddenly had deep backstories and even the Inhumans became involved. I never really liked Sky/Daisy but she kind of grew on me over the series. Coulson (sounds familiar), May and Fitz-Simmonds were always great.
Don't worry mate, zero spoilers.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Over the years, these have become characters which fans truly love, putting core favourites through the wringer repeatedly (Coulson's deaths have become a running joke) and arguably doing much the same for even the ones you might have struggled with (Daisy), bringing them back - dead or otherwise - for one final farewell tour. And it's just about as good as anybody could have ever hoped for
So you basically went back in time and copied me? Not cricket mate, just not cricket!
Also what's this about my deaths being a running joke.

Being a little serious, I was surprised with the paragraph and its points almost verbatim matching mine (except for the Coulson bit). Short and sweet review and a perfect summation of the series. I keep putting off watching it but I will start soon :)

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
So you basically went back in time and copied me? Not cricket mate, just not cricket!
Also what's this about my deaths being a running joke.

Being a little serious, I was surprised with the paragraph and its points almost verbatim matching mine (except for the Coulson bit). Short and sweet review and a perfect summation of the series. I keep putting off watching it but I will start soon :)
Imagine MY surprise when your 'I haven't read your review' comment mirrored my review lol.

Agree though, the characters really have grown. I've almost completely forgotten the days when I used to roll my eyes at Daisy or when Fitz/Simmons were annoying.

Even YoYo, who has always been too constipated a character for my liking, has had a good run (haha) of it in the end.

It really does reward commitment, I was sad when it got to the end and was even hoping for a post-credits bit like in every other episode (spoiler - there isn't one). I look forward to when the kids are old enough to take them through the whole journey from the start.

DeepDiver

Any other channel bar Disney. Watched all seasons, now I can't as I don't want/have Disney. Looks like a long wait before it shows on another channel

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Imagine MY surprise when your 'I haven't read your review' comment mirrored my review lol.
I literally skimmed straight to the part you wrote about the "new Coulson" and "Yoyo's powers" and remembered River Song ;)

Agree though, the characters really have grown. I've almost completely forgotten the days when I used to roll my eyes at Daisy or when Fitz/Simmons were annoying.

Even YoYo, who has always been too constipated a character for my liking, has had a good run (haha) of it in the end.

It really does reward commitment, I was sad when it got to the end and was even hoping for a post-credits bit like in every other episode (spoiler - there isn't one). I look forward to when the kids are old enough to take them through the whole journey from the start.
I didn't remember but you are right, Fitz-Simmons were annoying in the beginning and Daisy started out as just another yay girl power character but she definitely got better. I always liked YoYo (and it's still not funny on re-reading...."good run of it" o_O)

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I literally skimmed straight to the part you wrote about the "new Coulson" and "Yoyo's powers" and remembered River Song ;)

I didn't remember but you are right, Fitz-Simmons were annoying in the beginning and Daisy started out as just another yay girl power character but she definitely got better. I always liked YoYo (and it's still not funny on re-reading...."good run of it" o_O)
I liked YoYo a lot at first, then she got SO serious it hurt. I'm not sure where that changed, but the final season gets it kinda right.

Villains are still pony though, but that's not really much of a change up over previous seasons. I don't think they ever beat Ward, he was the Nina Meyers of Shield.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Just watched the first episode. Not the brightest villains agreed but not the worst either. I kind of got the twist as soon as I saw how the woman was dressed and what she gave him. But the twist had a twist which was fun :)

Evinger

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Ah, River Song - that was a great story line :)
I'm not a Dr Who fan (same with Star Wars/Trek) and Matt Smith is not my favourite Doctor. That would be Christopher Ecclestone and Peter Capaldi. But the War Doctor is one of my two all time favourite story lines, the second one being The Master/Missy.

Tingo

Any other channel bar Disney. Watched all seasons, now I can't as I don't want/have Disney. Looks like a long wait before it shows on another channel
I'm in the same boat, watched and enjoyed all series so far. During the lock down I read Disney were going to cut all ties with sky, virgin etc and pull all shows and movies to their service by Nov. I also have no desire to subscribe and am annoyed at the way streaming services are fragmenting my viewing habits. Ultimately there are losers and for me Disney is one. There is hope, star trek discovery season 1 made it to sky from Netflix a few months ago. In all a great series but sad I won't see it conclude.

GT One

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a good time filler every year and now its over, S.H.I.E.L.D's final three seasons did look a bit self indulgent at times but I guess if you are a successful long running series you can be.
This final season made me think of another sci-fi classic called Fringe, which wrapped up its series with various creative episodes, including using cartoon characters, and always a good clue that a long running show is at its end having Black & White photography for a 1940's musical number. Like in Fringe the S.H.I.E.L.D actors looked like the were enjoying themselves albeit missing Fitz for most of the time, but you will need to watch this series to find out why.
I would rate the final season 7 out of 10

Steven

Senior Moderator
Now regret picking up all those old, lavish, but totally impractical box sets for the first 4(?) seasons. Damn, they look good, but what a waste of money, I'm pretty sure a couple are still sealed!
I feel that pain. Picked up season 1 to 6 on iTunes on the sales but of course now this show is on Disney Plus forever!

Evinger

Damn! Just checked & I only have Season 1 on iTunes & no seasons on Disk. We had another service that allowed watching these included with our cable, but that's not included now. Grrr.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I just completed the second episode. AoS has always been entertaining but this is fun and fan service written for specifically those who followed the show from the start.

nickj1000

So true about this series. Started like a week by week story with super baddies appearing and getting beaten and it was quite boring. Then they changed the show I suspect because of the ratings and it was amazing to see the turn around. Glad I stuck with it and I have been pleasantly surprised to see how they have kept the high standard going. Not started season 7 as not released as normal in the UK. Will ait until all episodes are available I think

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom