1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

age old question?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by papa_flump, Jul 22, 2005.

1. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Please...

I have a brand new boxed & un-opened hd3 & have the option of replacing it tomorrow morning (+£50) for the standard hd5.

dilema.... I know the hd5 is better spec'd & the replacable the batery is a massive bonus, not to mention battery life to begin with... and it charges whilst downloading via the usb cable... in fact it should be a hands down winner... but........ & here's the but......

I love the look and feel of the hd3, it really does feel like a quality piece of kit. I will only be using the player for the occaisional holiday, relaxing by the pool.... (only 6 weeks to go :D )

the extra £50 is a bit of a niggly extra to pay, but one I can live with if it's definitly worth it.... answers please... I have until 9am when I will start my journey of decision.... or not as the case maybe.

Thanks in advance

ps I also have a pair of mdr-ex71sl headphones... are these ok or worth changing?

2. thx25

thx25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't say your missing much features wise so it's down to looks and the spec changes you talked of.

I still think the HD1 looked the best!

3. papa_flump

papa_flump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    sorted....

Argos confirmed the hd5 would be ready for collection from 9am this morning... still being 100% undecided I took the trip to argos & changed my mind several times en-route, but opted for the newer model.

got to customer services... did not even open the box (could have kept the hd3 ;) ) and proceeded to process my request for the hd5... :cool:

5 mins later... 'sorry sir the product requested is out of stock' :eek:

when I stated the collection availability I was told well... it might still be on the pallet but we will not know until this afternoon when the warehouse staff have unloaded all of the deliveries :eek: :eek:

Thanks argos for making up my mind.. the far more sexy (imho) hd3 is mine to keep & i'm also £50 the richer.... fingers crossed i don't lose the charging adapter... :smashin: