AGAIN - Which are the current best TV sets ?

transwest

Here we go again,
My LG 55930 tv has just stopped working.
I can hear the click as it receives the order from the remote, so it isn't 'dead', or fuse etc.
What is the best smart TV at the moment ?

As some of you will know, I'm now a disabled pensioner, and forced to watch more TV than I would wish.

I haven't had time to look into the latest features, facts and figures, so thought I'd try my trusty mates on AV (that's you lot ??).

I don't particularly want to stick to LG, as I had problems with this from day one, and by the way, it still image retains !

I know that LG did a lot of the research and innovations with this sort of stuff, but if are problems,,,, and maybe the support isn't good,,,, then it still isn't worth the money.

Of course, if LG is at or near - the top, then i'll reconsider.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Baz

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Dodgexander has written a terrific guide for the best TV's.

If you look at the bottom of any of his posts there are links to other parts of the guide to explain things you may want to know or don't understand as well as help to pick the right TV for your needs.

I would note, however, the guide is for 2019 models and 2020 models have started coming out. 2020 models are hugely overpriced just now, they're the most expensive they'll be. 2019 models on the other hand are at their lowest price, but, stock is getting very thin on the ground if not sold out on many models. If you see something, I'd advise you to be quick.

transwest

Thanks Sloppieeee,
I did that with this kit - it went down to £1,999 - I thought I'd wait till January sales etc, and it went up to £2,500,,,,,, & stayed there for a while, so I bought the damn thing !

I dropped LG a line today, but i'm not expecting miracles from them.

I need something quick now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Best prices to buy are March/April onwards, but the longer you leave it, the less chance of getting the TV you want.

January "sales" are their last gasp to catch people not in the know.

transwest

Hi Slops,
This was 4 years ago when I bought this kit.
I can't wait for sales at the moment, cos I got nothing to look at (even the mirror is looking down graded !!).
Thanks for your help though,,,,,,

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I'm not saying wait. There are some bargains for 2019 models left, but you'll have to get a move on or you'll pay nearly double for a 2020 model.

2019 models on the other hand are at their lowest price, but, stock is getting very thin on the ground if not sold out on many models. If you see something, I'd advise you to be quick.

transwest

thanks mate,
any recommendations for today/tomorrow please ?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
The ones that are appropriate to you in the guide I linked to.

There's no point in me blurting out a random brand and serial code and saying that's the best TV.

The best TV for you isn't necessarily the best TV for me, not does it have to be the best TV.

It entirely depends upon your budget, viewing angles and which type of panel you want/need, size, sources, how you'll use it, how bright your room is and many other questions. That's why the guide is there, to help you choose the best TV for you.

transwest

Thanks Bob,,,,, i'll have a look.