AG9 65 damaged screen! Advice please!

Doc2020

Novice Member
Hello,

some sad news! My 2 year old threw a car toy on the tv (AG9 65) and the screen is damaged. The tv now turns on, shows a long vertical line where the damage is then turns off. The damage doesn’t look bad but clearly the tv isn’t working anymore. Is there anyway this could be repaired? The tv is under Sony warranty but no insurance. If not repairable is it best to sell it for parts on eBay? 🙈

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3F908AB6-4031-4BC5-A724-F2172768587F.jpeg
    3F908AB6-4031-4BC5-A724-F2172768587F.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 55

DavidT

Is it not covered under you home contents insurance. I have accidental cover just in case.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
No unfortunately I don’t have such cover.

Sorry to hear/see, the joys of parent hood! I don't think that would be a financially viable repair unfortunately but you could ask an television engineer company. It's too late now but accidental damage cover on home insurance is normally only a few quid extra and worth every penny. That said it might be worth speaking to your home insurance anyway as apparently some will cover televisions even without accidental cover.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear/see, the joys of parent hood! I don't think that would be a financially viable repair unfortunately but you could ask an television engineer company. It's too late now but accidental damage cover on home insurance is normally only a few quid extra and worth every penny. That said it might be worth speaking to your home insurance anyway as apparently some will cover televisions even without accidental cover.
This. You often have a basic level of accidental insurance with contents insurance these days, but the excess and subsequent increase in premiums might not make it worthwhile.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom