AG8 issues with earc

kenfowler3966

I have bought a Denon stereo receiver and connected it to the tv earc hdmi input.
I have a pvr and 4K blu-ray player connected to Denon.
PVR and 4K Blu-ray work correctly, video to tv and sound via stereo receiver.
My issue is with tv sound back via earc tv hdmi socket. The receiver is not seen if the pvr and Blu-ray are off. Turn on the tv and the receiver comes on a few seconds later, momentarily plays tv sound then the tv displays an error message that no receiver is connected and reverts to tv speakers. No changing of settings seems to sort this.

However if the pvr is turned on first tv sound correctly turns on the Denon which then takes over the audio output from the tv.

Seems bizarre and I don’t want to always turn on the pvr when I just want to use the tv. The tv is more up to date software wise such as I need it to watch Amazon prime and definitely needs enhanced sound then.
Any ideas?
If the Denon provided a video source on its own it would solve this? I can select the Denon input and hence see settings on screenbut then of course the tv is not producing any sound at that point.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom