1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AG A'diva's vs M&K K Series Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Jasonjo, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Hi,

Anyone compared the M&K K5/K7 + K4 + K9/10 to the A'diva + the AG sub.

Up until know, I had only really looked at AG for sub/sat, but the M&K K range looks ideal for a discrete, yet capable speaker set.

Are the AG's better for movies and music and the M&K better for just movies?

Probs gonna demo, as I hear the M&K can be quite love or hate...

I am thinking of 3 x K7 + 2 x K4 and a K10, but may downscale the FL and FR to K5's
    depending on money.

Could I keep my REL Q150 or would I bet better changing for the K9/K10?

Any advice?

Cheers

JJ

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    You should definately demo both setups as the AG has people equally divided too. When demoing the AG try and listen to it with a better subwoofer too as the supplied model doesn't really go that deep and you would probably be better off keeping your REL.

3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Anyone else?

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Having heard a lot of sub sat packages i would say if you like your movies and to listen to them loud go with the m&ks they are very detailed and you dont miss any of a films sound track.They can sound a bit clinical with music so it is advised to have a demo first,but with movies they are fantastic.On the sub front i would swap the q150e for the B&W asw675 also have a look at the quad l sub which seems to get a lot of praise,I have owned both the relq150e and the asw675 and the difference in performance is worth the swap.I havent heard the gallos so it would be up to you to try and get a demo.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Thanks gonzo, I demo'd the M&K's today and would agree totally with your feedback.

I really like them, but they are quite a bit more detailed (which can come across as harsh at times) when compared to my current Mission 78 setup.

I also tried the Q150, M&K X10 (?) and the new B&Q PV1 (round sub). The B&W sounded really nice but it is £950!!!. If I go M&K I might get the sats first and keep my REL and then look to upgrade the sub to something like the PV1. The PV1 is coming out in black gloss soon which should look kinda cool...:)

I've got a demo booked for the AG's next week, but finding it hard to demo both M&K's and AG's together....thinnking about waiting for the Bristol show where both are demonstrating.

One thing is for sure, I think my Mission 78's are not exactly showing the best my system can deliver...

JJ