Aftermath of the EU Referendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average age of uk farmers is 59.

Is farming on the way out?

Is that farmers as in the owners, or farm workers?

If the former, then so what? If the latter, then yes I agree that would be a problem.

I was thinking similarly, do you have a link fluxo?

Is that farmers as in the owners, or farm workers?

If the former, then so what? If the latter, then yes I agree that would be a problem.

It might indicate some problem if owner farmers aren't being replaced when they retire. E.g., as might happen if their sons/daughters are not interested in taking up the business.

I'm getting the impression reading around that a lot of UK farms aren't viable and are closing.

Age of the small British farmer ends in exodus from land

I think we need a new thread for this as it isn't anything to do with the referendum.

Summary:
Just like nearly every year going back to when Labour were in power, the UK will be fined for paying the farmers their EU subsidies too late.

So nothing to do with the referendum. :)

Well if you read the article it appears that even after Brexit we may still be paying those fines to the EU. So that would be a direct consequence of the referendum. Though we probably do need a thread for farming, it's one of those issues that gets neglected by Politicians.

Well if you read the article it appears that even after Brexit we may still be paying those fines to the EU. So that would be a direct consequence of the referendum. Though we probably do need a thread for farming, it's one of those issues that gets neglected by Politicians.
No, it isn't. The fines are for CAP payment cock-ups, and we'd have to pay them regardless.

Well if you read the article

it says:

“Exit from the European Union will not, in the short term, reduce these penalties."

So Brexit may reduce them in the long term because the EU will stop giving us additional fines, but they are a not a consequence of the referendum, they are a consequence of being in the EU and having incompetent civil servants.in some UK departments.

some departments?

I was feeling generous :)

The total failure of GDS (Government Digital Service) to get a straightforward online payment system working meant that they had to allow paper forms to be used.
Yes, on line only with a new system.

Not referendum related in any way then :thumbsup:

Related to they payment delays which resulted in the fines.
Unless the comments about the fines are nothing to do with the referendum.

[...] Unless the comments about the fines are nothing to do with the referendum.
Eh? Surely the "comments about the fines" are about the fines?? :confused:

It's like if you decide you are spending too much on your credit card and close your account, cutting up the card, you still have to pay your balance off, but your balance has got nothing to do with you cutting your card up. :)

Immigration immigration and immigrants, when will it ever end.
Firstly, it's helpful to define immigration, as it's generally in my view used broadly to hide the racist view. I assume we are talking about purely economic persons ( Immigration) coming to the UK. As we are Christian valued based country we welcome Asylum and Refugee seekers. Immigration is another face of capitalism similar to Phillip Green and BHS pensioners, it's suck it up time.
Secondly your can't blame lower wages and narrow down on immigration as the single cause, far to simplistic and again falls very quickly into racism.

Can you point to anyone on here who has ever said immigration is the single cause of lower wages?

I thought we were getting past the stage wanting controls on immigration means you are racist. I guess not.

Immigration immigration and immigrants, when will it ever end.
Firstly, it's helpful to define immigration, as it's generally in my view used broadly to hide the racist view. I assume we are talking about purely economic persons ( Immigration) coming to the UK. [...]
No, the definition of immigrants and immigration is not limited to purely economic migrants.
Check your dictionary.

Yes, because cutting the already pitifully low savings interest rates (which incidentally had nothing to do with Brexit) by 0.25% is going to make a massive difference to savers :)

Yes, because cutting the already pitifully low savings interest rates (which incidentally had nothing to do with Brexit) by 0.25% is going to make a massive difference to savers :)

Agree. The media is hyping it up making you think it had gone from 5% to 0.25%. Plus I'm sure Brexit will be blamed soon for it.

I thought we were getting past the stage wanting controls on immigration means you are racist. I guess not.
Good educated guess.

No, the definition of immigrants and immigration is not limited to purely economic migrants.
Check your dictionary.
There is difference, I here it every day, sick aint it.;)

You two and others may want ignore it or just fail recognise, to be honest thats not my concern, however,thats my view and there is no evidence here that i have read that moves my position in the slightest. :)

Plus I'm sure Brexit will be blamed soon for it.

Probably the same experts, who warned this would happen if we voted out, however, were routinely ridiculed by the self purporting experts from the twighlight zone of non fear, who knew best. Hells bells, even Brexit cannot be blamed on Brexit, it was a phenomena unique they said, the only decision ever made that has no cause and effect ever, just like crowing chick in the nest hungry for whatever was or not being promised, what possibly could or can go wrong.:rolleyes::)

So how much actual difference in real terms is 0.25% rate cut going to do to peoples savings?

Even if you've got £10,000 savings, we're only talking £25, hardly earth shattering is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom