Aftermarket reversing camera, video signal

littlespark

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
As a little experiment, I bought a cheap reversing camera from ebay… The cam is fixed on a wedge shaped mount at roughly 45 degrees.
To give the best picture, the wedge needs to sit upside down, ideally where a number plate would sit.

I would like to fit this to the back door of my van, with the wedge mounted on a vertical surface.
Doing it this way however, causes the image to be upside down. Ive tried removing the camera from the wedge and turning it upside, but its well glued in.

The signal from the camera runs to the dashboard via a regular RCA cable with yellow plugs, and can be plugged into my radio screen with a suitable adaptor. The image is already mirrored left to right, but is there a way of rotating it 180 degrees on the screen by way of an additional cable as the camera may be mounted upside down?
Also, there are reversing guides superimposed on the screen, that are always at the bottom whatever way round the camera points. Would rotating the image using a special cable adaptor also rotate these guide lines?

Perfect position would be underneath the rear bumper, but the tow bar would obscure any view.

Usually there are small wires linked together by the camera connection. Cutting these usually disables the reverse lines. Don’t think there’s a way of rotating image though.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom