AfterBurner Climax coming to XBLA/PSN

Brilliant! Oddly I was looking at some sites about Afterburner and some new Afterburner arcade game. Can't wait, hope it's good.

Arrrr!

This is what i remember:

Will be giving it a trial play.

AfterBurner.jpg

Played the demo. Was ok. The graphics are pretty good and the frame rate was high.
I was never much good at the arcade one and only really ever played it for the sit down cabinet.
Will pass on it though.

i loved playing it at the arcade hall and being very happy that it was ported to XBL .. all i miss is the "rocket chair" :D

achievements are easy (ROLL) to difficult ( 50 Combo \ Triple A ) so you get your 1st rewards quite early in the game, which is not a bad thing

Xbox360Achievements.org - After Burner Climax Achievement List

in addition you have another sections full of unlockable's to tweak the game

i've enjoyed it so far :smashin:

I love SEGA, they know exactly how to make perfect arcade games.
Like Outrun this has that just one more go quality.

Only played a few games but it is brilliant, not quite as good as Outrun but still brilliant.

The achievements are all pretty easy aside from the 50 combo, the highest I've got so far is 31.

If you like a quick arcade fix you can't go wrong for the money.

It's easier to get the 50 combo and triple A achievement when you unlock bonuses by playing the main game, because it lets you change various options that don't affect your ability to unlock the achievements. I changed an option so that the plane is always at max speed (although you can still slow down with the left trigger) and I got the triple A on my first play through after that. There's another option to extend the window for achieving combos which makes getting the 50 combo achievement easier. I'm not great at the game, but I think it has the easiest achievements of any arcade game I've played, except maybe Dash of Destruction.

It's a great conversion, but I don't know how much I'll want to keep replaying it.

Max Combo 134 :rotfl: .. with the "SpeedMax" setting ...

Don't forgett to unlock the Bonus Stages 14 & 15! All i need are some of the bonuses and the last Achievement ->

All Clear!5
gp-g.jpg
Cleared Arcade mode with ending A.
.. not quite sure what to do :confused:

I just found the answer to that last achievement, mike. There's 2 ways to do it: -

First method would be to try and complete all 4 of the Emergency Orders through out the stages. This unlocks the secret mission at the end, make sure you shoot down the nuclear missiles or you get ending B, if you succeed and shoot all the nukes down, then you will receive ending A. To shoot a missile down, you must use your cannons, missiles can not hit them. Use Climax Mode to slow down time so your shots are more accurate.

Second method is to complete 20 Emergency Orders, this will unlock an Ex Option which alows you to set the secret mission to always available. Simply play through and when you get to the last stage (14), make sure to shoot all the nukes down. See first method for details.

It seems that this game also has 2 avatar awards. A t-shirt for unlocking all of the EX options and a gold helmet for unlocking all of the medals in score attack mode.

Think unlocking the gold helmet might be a nightmare tbh
otherwise awesome conversion...........now if only,,,daytonna, sega rally, rad mobile, manx TT too many to list :)

Brii

don't forget SHEN MUE 1&2 .... still waiting for part III :jp:

After seeing how good Outrun and Afterburner is it makes me even more wanting for unreleased Sega/Namco arcade titles......

Scud Race
Ridge racer
Rave racer (all time fave)
Virtua racing
Harley Davison and the la riders

Plus one on Namco off road which i cant for the life of me remember, We had it in our Arcade that i ran and played it most days but the title is gone, and its doing my head in.

Come on Sumo Digital you know u want to :)

bri

Think unlocking the gold helmet might be a nightmare tbh
otherwise awesome conversion...........now if only,,,daytonna, sega rally, rad mobile, manx TT too many to list :)

Brii

I have an original Rad Mobile arcade machine in my garage!
It's not as good as Outrun or Powerdrift but it's still a cool game.

@Oasismark: That picture just brought back a whole heap of happy memories, wasting my childhood in the arcade. Good times.

I have an original Rad Mobile arcade machine in my garage!
It's not as good as Outrun or Powerdrift but it's still a cool game.

Well thats a Given tbh Outrun was the beesknees When i first saw it, just listing some games that i would like to see on Xbox Arcade none will probably happen but u never know :)
Had rad mobile on the saturn when it first came out great memories

Bri

Got the AfterBurner t-shirt for unlocking all the ex-options. It gets increasingly easier to unlock them as more become available.

I don't think I'll be able to get the Gold Helmet for completing all the score attack medals though, some of them are super hard! Should have been achievements, as the achievements were far too easy.

Played last night, demo version, oh the memories!! :smashin:

whats the best stage for a combo in score attacke mode?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom