Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

After seek in Adv.Search...I need Help for games TV!! 21/28inch!! grtngs from Spain!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by youtoo, Mar 2, 2005.

1. youtoo

youtoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Before anything, excuse my english level, I have to improve it soon! This is my first topic. After seek in the search I haven't find what I'm looking for!

I'm interested in a TV for play videogames, I want to plug many consoles. I select a 21 inch Philips: PT5618. I think it's the best, but also a little bit expensive and I thinked to find a 28 inch for similar price. It's possible?

Here are the facts: I need...

250pounds max price
    2 scart, also a s-video apart will be fine
    pure flat crt tube
    50Hz
    stereo
    rgb input
    ntsc compatible(for import consoles)
    great picture quality!!

Then, here are the questions:
    Is 21" Philips pt5618 the best choice in the 21 realm? (for the money I can pay)
    Is possible to find a good 28 inch tv for less than 250 with all the characteristiques stated above?

Thanks for your time! Greetings from Barcelona!

EDIT: I'm interested in 4:3 screen. also, here are the link to philips 5618:
    5618, 21 inch

2. youtoo

youtoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any sugestions? help please!

3. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi youtoo,

It seems that the Philips pt5618 is not available in this country so I cannot find any information about it. Some televisions seem to be sold in this country and not on the Continent, or possibly they sell the same ones with a different model number. Below I give you a couple of web sites to look at. The first one, Argos, is a company with a shop in most big towns. When you see the site click on "sound and vision" and then the left hand column will show you televisions or you can click on manufacturers. It gives most of the information there. Most of the televisions now seem to have n.t.s.c. playback. Sometimes the scart socket isn't rgb compatible.

The other site is a mail order site, which sells televisions.

I have a Philips set myself, the 36PW9618, and am delighted with it. The 21" Philips PT5618 has a very good specification, and might suit you very well. If you can afford a 28" television it would be good as most programmes are now changing to widescreen format. You can alter the aspect to 4:3 on them.

http://www.argos.co.uk

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk

I'm sorry I can't speak Spanish. Greetings and best wishes to you, I hope you find just the right television for you.

4. youtoo

youtoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cynthia,

thanks for the info. I'll look at the websites to find an interesting 28inch that also be avaliable at my local store. I'm not usually afraid of buy online, but for big and fragile things like televisions I prefer to buy directly in my city. It's not the cheapest way but it's more safe for isues like warranty and so.

I hope you understand my english! this summer I'll go to Uk to improve it!

Thanks for your suggestion! any more suggestion is welcome! bye

5. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi youtoo,

I looked for a long time before I decided which television to buy. I ended up buying it online as the difference in price was £500 less than a local store. It was trouble free and I took out a five year warranty as well. When there is not a lot of difference in price it makes sense to go to your local store. If there is something wrong it's easier to return it

Your English is good, I don't think I could write more than six words in Spanish to my shame. Good luck with your new purchase.