• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

After Sammy S5H. PW8 PHD8

Fontie

Established Member
Now ive got my money back on the S5H im after another screen and thinking now as i would never use a built in tuner that i should go for the PW8 or PHD8 I would rather the PHD8 and have e-mailed av-sales for a quote. Has the PW8/PHD8 got any sort of amp ie could i just get an old pair of pseaker and wire them in for now and get sound or do i need a av amp from the start. I want to get it right this time will i be happy with the above reasure me please or should i go for something different

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
PHD8 is in my humble opinion the best 42" screen available at the monent and if you don't need the tuner and built in speakers then go for it.

Fontie

Established Member
Thanks for the imput. I will see about ordering one to-morrow. What boards would i need I'd be using it for Telewest cable (Scart the new boxes they will give us later in the year will have hdmi) DVD Samsung HD950 which has hdmi and a PS2.
Whats the best way of connecting these.

Thanks

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
Go into the screen scart with telewest, then loop the PS2 through the second scart on the cable box, and I would go in to the screen component on dvd using a 3rca to vga cable, can be had for around £15, or you could go in hdmi, but doubt it would be better than component.

Fontie

Established Member
Got a Panny phd8 being deliverd to-morrow from AV-Sales This will replace the Sammy 4H5S that i got the refund for last Friday. New screen has cost a lot more and I really hope Im and more importantly the wife are blown away with it. I blown the bank and more on this and will be using crap speakers for a few months till i can get some sort of amp.

Thanks Giz for the setup help

tjradiohead

Established Member
Fontie said:
Got a Panny phd8 being deliverd to-morrow from AV-Sales This will replace the Sammy 4H5S that i got the refund for last Friday. New screen has cost a lot more and I really hope Im and more importantly the wife are blown away with it. I blown the bank and more on this and will be using crap speakers for a few months till i can get some sort of amp.

Thanks Giz for the setup help

Let me know what you think, because i too had the s5h and returned it, and im looking at the phd8 also :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom