1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After sales service - Who to buy plasma from?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AndyDD, Nov 27, 2003.

1. AndyDD

AndyDD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I currently have a Toshiba RPTV which I was fairly happy with until last August (set was 10 months old and under warranty) when it went wrong. I could put up with the almost constant need to adjust the convergence.
    Since then it has been away for 7 weeks getting repaired (waiting for parts from Toshiba). It had a different fault when it was returned and since then the repairer has attempted to fix it (another main signal board). It is now even worse and it's doesn't seem any closer to getting fixed.
    I am almost decided to 'cut my losses' and throw the RPTV on the scrap heap and get myself a plasma for around 3K, currently looking at the monitor versions of the Hitachi or Panny 6. Does anyone know if there is a company that provides a GOOD after sales service, maybe loaning a temporary 'equivalent' TV while it's being fixed. If I bought a Sony plasma would the extended Sony warranty when it goes wrong be worth the extra £'s? I have to look on the pessimistic side after the stress I've had lately.
    If there isn't a manufacturer/retailer that can guarantee quick (within a couple of weeks) repair + return for a plasma then I may go for a 24" CRT + Projector combination as a replacement.
    I previously had a 28" Sony Widescreen TV with a 5 year Sony warranty. It went wrong once and within a day a Sony Service engineer came out and repaired it.

Any suggestions?

cheers,
    Andy

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. AndyDD

AndyDD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the links.

I shall go through the Terms and Conditions + details of the warranties carefully. The on site replacement at tmfsolutions looks 'tempting', although £550 for only 3 years seems OTT. Maybe if they could do 5 years for that price.

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Think Liam charges £450 for 3 yr