1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After one week with my Hitachi 32LD7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by alefsin, Jun 20, 2005.

1. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, for a while I was thinking of a Tosh 37WL56 but then thought that 37" maybe too big for my room. Then I started to think of Philips 9976 and finally, on the last days heard about this Hitachi 32LD7200. It took me a while to decide but finally I went for the Hitachi and after one week with it, have to say I'm really amazed by its performance. I've tried these picture sources:
    - HDMI from a Panasonic S97 DVD player
    - Analog TV from my cable provider
    - Digital TV from my cable provider
    - S-Video from an old, Aiwa HT-DV90 DVD player

In all cases, the picture quality has been amazing. Interestingly, I could not see much difference between 576p, 720p and 1080i from the S97 which means that if we assume S97's scaler, DCDi, is one of the market's bests, then we can say that Hitachi's internal scaler is also top notch quality. The array of inputs is quite amazing: In total this TV has 8 inputs! 1xHDMI, 1xDVI, 2xVGA, 1xS-Video, 3xScart (2xRGB). One VGA shares the same internal resouces as the Component inputs. All of the digital/vga inputs are independent that means you can switch between two HDMI/DVI sources with no problem :)
    The component input is also HD and accepts all up to 1080i/1125i. The speakers are detachable. I've removed them and have connected the line-out of the TV to my Yamaha receiver to enjoy better sound but the speakers themselves sounded very good.
    The menu system looks very nice and well organised and gives you plenty of room for all settings. The colors are very good on the screen and black seems to be deep enough. I've not calibrated the screen yet but the default settings are quite good. I'll calibrate it later this weekend with my calibration DVD. I've tried different noise-reduction options and combinations and didn't noticed any lip-sync problem in any mode: probably a good news for anybody who has a amp/receiver with no delay settings. My analog TV input is of a rather low quality (i.e. noisy) but the picture is quite good and on par (or even better) than my old 28" CRT.
    Overall, I'm very happy with this LCD and highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

2. swanny78

swanny78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Excellent review Alefsin, makes my wait for delivery even more distressful...:)

3. Matt C

Matt C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too!

Is there much difference between connecting through hdmi and component?

This is a bit off topic, I'm about to mod my xbox, do you think that running DVD's through the XBOX up the component cable will be much better than running from my sony dvd player through scart? (no comp out from dvd player)

Thanks

4. zyxw

zyxw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its great to hear that some people are really pleased. I'm looking to buy one from John Lewis and try and get a better price than 1495 under their never knowingly undersold strap line. Any one out there with suggestions?

5. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,222
    Hi Matt C,

I too have modded my X-Box and run Hi-Def through the component inputs with excellent results...thoroughly recommended :thumbsup:

I run my DVD player via the HDMI input btw, so can't comment on the scart picture.....if your DVD player has component outs, it can offer a significant improvement over Scart (I compared these on my old TV).

Steve

6. gktk

gktk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    zyxw - i got a price match from Crompton & Moore @ £1329 but no stock expected until the 17th July ... i hope this changes as most other retailers have quoted delivery by the end of the week

7. snoods

snoods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Kilwinning, North Ayrshire, Scotland, UK.
    Ratings:
    +33
    Don't know if they currently have stock gktk, but Robertsons have the set for £1222 with free delivery if you want to try and save a few £ :D

http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk/get_product_details.asp?P=117186

8. jmcardle

jmcardle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I did a price match with JL Edinburgh last week with Crampton and Moore - got £163 off :clap: They had stock last week - phoned their web site number to confirm first.

It's a brilliant TV - can't fault it :thumbsup:

9. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Is 1:1 pixel mapping possible through DVI or VGA?

10. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  11. Matt C

Matt C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matt P:

Where is a good place to get an xbox hi-def kit from then?

Ta

12. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I honestly can't remember where I got mine from. I bought so many bits from different places, it's all become a bit of a blur... I googled the cable though, and this is the top result:

http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9_47&products_id=626

That's the cable I've got, thought it best to go official as I'd heard bad things about the Gamester one. Works great.

13. Undecided

Undecided

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen and touched one of these at the Sound and Vision shop in Farnworth, near Bolton. Their quoted price is £1242.64 including mainland delivery. I don't know about stock availability.

However, the big plus is that they do have a shop, so JL price match always works ie JL can't say it's an internet shop only.

Hope this helps

14. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I got mine from www.dvdboxoffice.com, an online store in Canada with free shipping. Worked out at $37.95 or about £17.