After Life Season 3 - Final Season (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

Appears to have split the crowd a bit. I'm sure his 100m views on netflix keep him warm at night from a icy comments of people slating it.

just because someone is wealthy doesn’t mean they dont do things just for the money. Most very wealthy people I have met spend most of their time figuring out how to accumulate more wealth. I just cannot see any other reason why he made this season. It wasn’t very good and really didn’t need to be made.
Take Cass favorite actor Bruce Willis as an example

I'm an eternal fan of Gervais for 'The Office' and 'Extras', both in my opinion absolutely sublime writing and execution.

I do feel though that as much as I liked and enjoyed so much of 'After life', it would have benefitted and been a much better watch had Ricky stuck to the writing and allowed someone a bit less abrasive and a bit more likeable to be cast in the lead role. He just carries a load with him that his acting abilities strain under and I just didn't find his character or his grief credible.

I agree with the earlier comment that Steven Merchant gave him and his writing a very essential balance.

I feel that in regard to his acting capabilities I was actually pretty impressed how good he was in this series to be honest, especially on the low points.

I loved this. Yes I agree it might have been weaker than the other 2 possibly influenced by the popularisms of public reaction to the Nonce etc.

But for me there's no denying there's some genius in the balance of humour and emotion in the writing and editing and if you have been though any form of loss like this it's all the more touching, which with the best of intentions removes some of the impact of any negative reviews (imo)

More importantly what happened to the Psychiatrist (Paul Kaye)! He was awesome!

Absolutely the worst character in the whole thing. Cringey and unrealistic. His 'mates' were just as bad in S3

1st 4 episodes watched, can't say the wife and I are particularly impressed so far. Just getting a bit bored of his moping about.
Most of the peripheral characters are OTT, Brian talking about his ex wife's growler, I mean WTH. I'm no prude, by any stretch, but over use of the C word is not funny.

I've seen others say episodes 5 and 6 are the best, so hoping for it to pull off the ending.

I enjoyed it but don't think it matched the quality of the first two seasons. Disappointed that Roxy was written out - Gervais said something like there wasn't much more he could do with the character, but that just shits on the friendship developed between her and Tony.

Just watched 5 & 6.

Last episode was moving, but none were funny for us, at all.

5/10 for the season.

I’m not a fan of Ricky Jervais but all three series were very watchable. The dog eas the true star of the show though. 7.5/10 from me.

Appears to have split the crowd a bit. I'm sure his 100m views on netflix keep him warm at night from a icy comments of people slating it.
What views would they be I wonder, the 12 second one or the 10 minute one with the rest seen courtesy of the fast forward button on the remote.

I enjoyed it. Not as good as 1 & 2 but still a decent watch. Emotional at times again, 2 that got me were when he was on the bench talking to Ann about his guilt over mocking Lisa's belief in the afterlife and then at the hospital when the little girl fighting cancer revealed her name.

It's worth a watch if you've seen the 1st two just for completion, but really he could have wrapped up this story in one hour long special rather than a full 6 episode season.

I enjoyed it but don't think it matched the quality of the first two seasons. Disappointed that Roxy was written out - Gervais said something like there wasn't much more he could do with the character, but that just sh*ts on the friendship developed between her and Tony.

I'm guessing the dropping of two characters was done to allow Gervais to link people together and tie things up with everyone finding happiness in the end.

Roxy: Postman (was he ever given a name?) getting together with Kath, ending her loneliness.
Sandy: Was far too attractive for Brian, so the replacement intern was brought in, making a more realistic match.

I'm guessing the dropping of two characters was done to allow Gervais to link people together and tie things up with everyone finding happiness in the end.

Roxy: Postman (was he ever given a name?) getting together with Kath, ending her loneliness.
Sandy: Was far too attractive for Brian, so the replacement intern was brought in, making a more realistic match.
The second one was dropped because that actor was cast and now stars in CSI: Vegas (revival of the original CSI)

They definitely got the crowbar out for this season to prize out more tear jerker material, certainly the most forced its felt over the 3 seasons. Not helped by wielding the oh, I've got £150k I don't want, card, certainly explained why half the characters were flat hunting or planning weddings and with the other half looking for love, it just set up the finale way too easily.

A bit pants really, but still has that ability to make you binge half the episodes in one go and raise the odd lol moment.

Think the third season was hurt by the loss of Mandeep Dhillon and Roisin Conaty. Also think he wussed out on the ending of the show by having a happy ending for everyone.

Think it would have made sense for Kath to be the one to commit suicide at the end. As it would have giving the show some real bite and kept in the sprit of the dark nature the show had, when it started in the first season.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom