After good NON-isolating in-ear phones, any reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by codlord, Dec 29, 2006.

1. codlord

codlord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As the title says I am after a decent set of NON-isolating in-ear headphones. I know sound is much better from the plug-in isolating types but this is specifically for using with an iPod when snowboarding so I don't want to have the isolation from external sounds when the music is not playing etc.

They need to be compatible with a helmet with ear-pads too, so no over-the-head bands or sticking out from the ear in weird ways.

Having trouble finding reviews for these as most well reviewed ones seem to now be the isolating type.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

2. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i will do my best to help you

erm since you say you want ear phones for your passion of snowboarding, erm do you want headphones which are in ear and block external noise?

if so then you can try the shure e4c's from micro anvika costing a very good £109.99

heres the link:

http://www.microanvika.com/product.asp?TXT=INFO&PNO=SHU59110

they have a sale on at the mo so hurry up and get em

erm i got a pair of the black ones and they are spankingly good i enjoy the way that the noise from outside gets blocked and that what ever music you put on it doesnt get out of your ears so you can use it in public places

erm they come with various fittings which are all of high quality and cleanable as they give you tools to get rid of excess ear wax as well

erm all in all these are fantastic headphones and well worth it

or if you like the cheaper pair to this: the shure e2c which costs £69.99

http://www.microanvika.com/product.asp?TXT=INFO&PNO=SHU59101

and have slightly less power but block outside sound too

so the choice is yours

i hope this helps mate and a happy new year to you too

3. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the only problem i have with these headphones is that even with no music on, they will still continue to block outside sounds since there strong snug fitting in the ear and to get the best of the headphones you have to seal them in ur ear tightly so its snugg otherwise sound will leak and so will the bass

4. codlord

codlord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks but it was actually in-ear types that *don't* block external noise that I was after - when I am am snowboarding I need to be able to pause music throughout the day and hear/speak to people etc. I have a set of Etymotic or whatever they are called as well as a couple of pairs of Beyerdynamic over-ear headphones but was after reccomendations of normal in-ear, ear-bud type headphones that will be better than the ones that came with the iPod.

Thanks

5. DorKnight

DorKnight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
  6. codlord

codlord
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that, not seen that site before, looks interesting. However, I think those stick out a bit too much (as I need to wear under helmet with ear-pads etc) but I will take a look at the other [SIZE=-1]Audio-Technica ones as they do a few normal ear-bud ones too.
    [/SIZE]

7. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Do a search on this forum for the very earphones you are looking for. I love my Audio Technica EC7 for non isolation in ear.