1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After an experiment tryout not sure/

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gadjet, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

I set up my pc (AMD240, g-force 4) to pj(Ht1000) to see what it would be like for picture quality watching a film. When the film was on it looked so clear but..., this was only with a small picture which was no where near filling the 7ft screen so I had to adjust picture through pc to zoom x 2 to fill screen. Thats when obviously the picture quality deteriorated.
    So, the question is how can you get the picture to come straight from the pc without having to zoom picture size to fit screen or do you have to zoom.

I am buying a pc for video editing and games anyway but would use it to watch films as well if possible. My dvd is pioneer 747. Could I really notice a difference from that?

Hope you can understand the above/
    Phill

Last item is there any one there that builds pc,s to fit my needs above ? My limit being £1400

My last thread being I dont know if you read this but I wished I lived near you Gary Lightfoot to sort system out to pc. Read lot of your threads and your set up looks superb using pc as the main controller.
    phill

2. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hi Phill,

I think that there may be a problem with nVidia cards accepting custom resolutions, and to get the best from any fixed pixel projector you need to match the output from the PC to the native resolution of the pj.

I would be more than happy to help you build a PC, and ofcourse I wouldn't charge you. I live in the West Midlands, so that is only an hour from Wrexham. You could order all of the parts off the internet, and bring them to me once you have them, and we could assembe it together, and get it setup how you want.

I won't be offended if you don't take me up on my offer, just have a think about it.

Cheers

Rob

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I use 1024 x 768 as the PCs desktop resolution, and when playing a DVD, I make sure the player is set to full screen, so that on a 4:3 screen everything looks tall and skinny (for anamorphic DVDs anyway).

I use the HT1000 in 16:9 mode and 'FULL' aspect so that the pj squishes the image to the correct height.

It sounds like the pj defaulted to 4:3 so that the image was a square in the center of the 16:9 screen, and the software player was keeping the aspect ratio, so all you were getting was a small letterbox image in the middle of the screen.

Make sure the player always outputs the image as full screen and let the NEC squish it for better quality. You only need to use zoom for non anamorphic DVDs like Titanic.

HTH

Gary.