After a Year. Which is Better Black Ops 1 or Modern Warfare 3?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by AnthonyG, Sep 8, 2012.

?
  1. Black Ops 1

60.2%
  2. Modern Warfare 3

39.8%
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    One of the criticism this thread received

http://www.avforums.com/forums/call-duty-cod-ps3/1547183-do-you-prefer-black-ops-mw3.html

Was it was started too early.

Now its been almost a year since MW3 was released and two since Black Ops (and a year since black ops was fixed :) ) which game do you prefer.

For me for the last two months any free time I have been playing Black ops S&D on the 360 and loving every second of every game. Every time I come back and play MW3 I feel like turning it off after one game and usually do after around 3/4 games.

2. ReliantRob

ReliantRob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    easy peasy

black ops

really looking forward to black ops 2

3. TheRobotman

TheRobotman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,605
    Yeah it's a criticism that I made a few times, I got slated from some quarters for saying that I thought Blops was better, I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

4. Soundburst

Soundburst
    In Memoriam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    Nothing will ever be more irritating than a remote control exploding car and the sound of the AK74u.

5. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,984
    And you would say the same for the PS3 Anth?

Just you said playing Blops on the 360 thats all.

Anyway i went with MW3 but i only played it on the 360 and it was fine for me since i had. Lag comp, yip, i'd just quit out and start again.

Blops :thumbsdow

Never played it since it was 'fixed' though, so judging my opinion on the 3 months i played when it was atrocious.

6. willywinker

willywinker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    blops

7. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    As you know it is way better for the 360 than the Ps3.

8. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,984
    So would you say that PS3 Blops is better than PS3 MW3?

9. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Yes. And I would say the 360 Blops is better than 360 MW3.

I would rate MW3 as the worst COD to date on any console. But don't want to go down that route as it will result in a load of "I love COD4" responses which is not the aim of this poll

10. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,984
    Cool.

Look forward to next months poll then.

11. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    But I have only made three polls in the last year. This one, the previous "which is better than" was put up around a month after MW3s release and this one about Elite

http://www.avforums.com/forums/call...enewing-your-elite-subscription-november.html

I will admit I am starting this poll more so as I am wanting/hoping to see all those people who picked MW3 last time now say how much better Blops is.

12. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +752
    Considering that BLOPS has 2-3x more people playing over MW3 these days, its clear the vast majority of players think BLOPS is better.

For its its easy, whilst BLOPS has its share of problems and annoyances, i simply find it more fun, which is what its all about, isnt it?

Like many others, i got my share of stick from people when i critisized MW3 in the early days, so i too am interesting in how this poll pans out.

13. mark74uk

mark74uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +913
    MW3 for me.

14. dazwaldo

dazwaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    A no brainer - BLOPS!

MW3 causes too much rage, it's just not fun anymore.

15. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +752
    Mw3 doesnt make me "rage", it actually makes me sad... Sad because of what its become and how something that i enjoyed playing has been ruined by all of the people who abuse it (i.e quickscopers).

16. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Am getting back into my usual moans here. But I agree about MW3s over balance to QSers.

MW2 the counter to QS was Marathon Lightweight. This allowed you to out run the aiming, and basically get to the little buggers to actually kill them.

Removing this basically means you have no counter to it.

Thinking further another counter to QS was basically just equipping your noob tubing class and just firing these at them with OMA.

On Black Ops S&D usually there are about 4/5 people on a 12 man game sniping. But when I am sniped I do not feel hard done by. I do not feel like wanting to turn off the game or shout at the TV.

With MW3 I do largely due to that damned Quickscoped MSR. Which I will argue is the most overpowered gun since the MP40 of WaW.

17. willywinker

willywinker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I have 42 days played now on blops now

18. Soundburst

Soundburst
    In Memoriam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    Around 5.8% of your life time in the past two years has been spent playing Black Ops.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  19. PlayStation

PlayStation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    No brainer, MW3 of course!

20. Tazbot

Tazbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    That wasn't/isn't the case for me - I own Xbox360 as well as PS3 too and so does my daughter's boyfriend (which he owns all of the COD games) - I've tried MW2, Blops, MW3 on ALL consoles (both at mine and his house with different IP) and found no difference in terms of gameplay (which includes the different connections etc). There is, I'll admit, a very slight difference in the look of the game but that's it.

I'm not wanting to start a console war but found your comment 'you know it is way better' a little strong.

I prefer the PS3 version of both MW3/Blops mainly for the controller and that's it.

As for which game, well MW3 for me atm as I'm enjoying having great games in the faceoff battles where my connection seems more stable. Blops turned sour for me after the updates so I sold the game ages ago.

I do have hope for Blops2 though so roll on November :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  21. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Check this video out

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360/PS3 Gameplay Frame-Rate Comparison - YouTube

MW2/MW3/COD4 are pretty much identical over the two consoles. But the Treyarch games are so much slanted towards the 360 it is ridiculous.

22. Tazbot

Tazbot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    Lol, I've seen that before but thanks for the reminder.

I see where you're coming from now m8 and yes it does seem that the Xbox360 fairs better in terms of framerate during the Campaign mode. Frame rate speed isn't something that I noticed tbh especially when it's just a few frame drops in certain places but tbh, when piling through the game, I didn't look for it :rolleyes:

Having said that, my daughter's boyfriend does prefer the Xbox version over PS3 but I think that's because his m8s have just the Xbox360 and not both like me.

:rolleyes:

23. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I still to this day stlll get it in Multiplayer mode. Its no where near as bad as it was, but it is still there and for me it is very noticeable and de-tractable from the game. On the 360 its faultless every game.

I played Black Ops to Prestige 15 on the PS3 and just grimmed and beared it. But if it did not have this problem I would have played it much more.

For me I get a much smoother game on the 360 version by some distance.

I know this comment is opening the "is it still broken on the PS3" can of worms. I am only reporting the issues I have.

And yes even with these issues I would take that over a perfect working MW3.

24. willywinker

willywinker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I know i should get more gaming in..

25. Det

Det
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,081
    I find shooting them with a gun or stunning them while I get in close or semtex or tubing them or running from cover to cover or any combination thereof tends to help me counter a quickscoper. If they miss their first shot, they are dead. Luckily I can miss a whole butt load and still get out tons more to kill them with and give them flinch while they are trying to aim and kill me. But you're right, they are so OP because I don't have lightweight and marathon anymore. Nevermind everything else I have over them... not to mention that 99% of QSers really suck at it.

Most OP gun? It might be one of the best of the Sniper Rifles, but I would hardly say it's OP. 9/10 I'll win against someone using one if I'm using say the P90/PP90/MP7/UMP/ACR/Scar-H/MK14/and nearly every other gun out there. Unless I stand still when I see someone and let them shoot at a stationary target with no cover in front of me. In that case, I deserve to be killed.

EDIT: oh yah, I voted BO. Though to be honest I play neither right now. If I were to put one in, it would be BO over MW3.

26. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Yeah but weren't you the guy who won the MW3 FFA competition. So just because you can frick them up with everything bar the PM9 doesn't mean the rest of us could too. ;)

27. Det

Det
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,081
    No, I didn't... I won like the first trials... but the lag was too hard to deal with for the ones after that.

There's tons better than me.

28. Insomnia75

Insomnia75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    It's got to be Blops...MW3 has pretty much killed the once vibrant community on this forum.

Although, it's unfair to blame it all on MW3 it's been a steady downward spiral since the original MW. There is a spike every year around Oct/Nov then it will be a couple of maoning threads then nothing at all.

The franchise has suffered from greedy publishers and overexposure and have looked to milked the cash cow dry.

Doubt I'll be getting Blops 2 any time soon, just can't get motivated for another car crash instalment. when I say car crash I'm not talking about connection issues (never seem to have suffered from this), or graphics and lighting (not a major concern to me over gameplay) I'm just referring to maps that get worse with every instalment and killstreaks and perks that are just laughable.

...Just give me a gun, some decent maps and a few simple killsteaks and perks that's it

29. Det

Det
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,081
    I think the issue is they release these games with too many issues from the off. This means that about half the community will play it for a month or two, then give up. The games get patched and fixed for the most part but by that time, those that left aren't willing to come back. It happened with BO, then with MW3... but MW3 still suffers from really bad lag comp still so people aren't willing to come back even though they've fixed most of the other stuff.

The same thing will happen with BO2. The treyarch fans will play it (and those that enjoy balanced gameplay over pretty looks) and overcome the bugs. The IW fans will play it and give up before they give it the chance they give IW games to get fixed and they won't come back. It's a shame.

So the community stays divided with people spread out over a bunch of other CoDs (or games now it seems).

30. Insomnia75

Insomnia75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I disagree - people play the game and after a few months realise the games sh*t...When MW came out I had the worst connection problems I had with any game add on top of that no host migration and you had a few frustrating nights...but the game was so enjoyable and addictive people plowed on regardless.

With later versions of the franchise because the games were not as enjoyable or addictive as soon as connection issues hit people disappear in droves.

Fundamentally the games in the series are tired and can't keep the peoples interest like they used to

...my tip is to stay away and get PES 2013 instead:):smashin: