After a 55" 4K tv for gaming and skyq

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

First off, ive struggled to decide whether to go OLED or not, with OLED prices still at about £1500 ive decided to go LED, I have about £900 saved up but only want to spend about £500 - £600 (rest for Scorpio) and want a 55" 4K tv.

I want it to have 4 HDMIs as I have SkyQ, PS4 Pro, Xbox & Switch so needs to be good for gaming

Needing 4 HDMIs seams to be a bit block, alot only have 3!

Dont really want curved, dont want 3D, must have 5-6 yrs warrenty.

Not bothered about brands, as ive had a Samsung go faulty after just 14 months.

Dont really need a smart tv or freeview.

Ive seen the Hisense 55M5500, seams to fit my needs, anything bad i should watch for, Can you adjust the feet at all as it has very wide feet i'm not sure will fit on my stand?

This Lg looks also ok but only 3 HDMIs!

Opinions and suggestions welcomed

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I would try and save more if you want a good HDR gaming experience if you can, see : HDR TVs for gamers - Buying Guide

I wouldn't go any less than a Samsung KS7000/KS7500. Sometimes you can find good deals on the higher range KS8000/9000 too now.

Once you start spending less than those you get much worse HDR quality, they are the minimum I would recommend.

HDR to me is a absolute mystery. It either looks no different or just the contrast turned up.

Is it really a big deal I should be taking note of?

Another issue is I have a PSVR so its a knows problem that HDR doesnt not pass through the 'breakout box'

Last edited:
It depends what you view it on, tv's with a high brightness and good colour are what separate HDR pq from SDR.

If you aren't bothered by it you can save a lot by looking at TVs that aren't great with HDR. For example at 55" the Hisense M7000 or M5500.

Hisense M7000 or M5500.

whats the difference in these 2 please?

The 5500 is only £500 at richer sounds, with 6 yr guarantee, 4 HDMI's which i need also.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, actually just ordered a Hisense 50M3300 from argos for a stupidly cheap £379

I plan to sell my old tv for about £200, and use the Hisense as a stop gap for a OLED in a few years.

So the to came today. On the back is 4 hdmi slots. 2 are 60 Htz and 2 are 30 Htz. It seams like skyq, ps4 & Xbox s all need 60 Htz to show 4K

Am I screwed at getting all 3 showing at 4K or is it the tv have? I know it's a budget model

Sorry to bump this again, but after the issues ive had with a Hisense tv, im actually contemplating going OLED.

If i can afford it, the LG 55 OLEDB6V seams to be the one everyone goes for, as a entry point to OLED and its the cheapest but still a very good tv from reviews. It had 4 HDMI 2.0 @ 60 Htz inputs (which is the main reason of my previous troubles)

Is this the recomended one to go for if going OLED

The Hisense M3300 shows in the specs on their website that it only has 2x HDMI 2.0 ports which is why you can't feed over 30Hz to the others. The M5500 has 4x HDMI 2.0.

If you want to go for OLED then you can't beat what you have already mentored for value. Either the B6 or C6.

The Hisense M3300 shows in the specs on their website that it only has 2x HDMI 2.0 ports which is why you can't feed over 30Hz to the others. The M5500 has 4x HDMI 2.0.

You sure??

Just checked the Hisense range on their website

They all only have 2 ports that are HDMI 2.0????

Even the M7900

You sure??

Just checked the Hisense range on their website

They all only have 2 ports that are HDMI 2.0????

Even the M7900

Sorry, my bad. Read it wrong, they are indeed all 2x HDMI 2.0

To update this post, (incase the OLED is too expensive):

Im still on the lookout for a 4K LED 55" tv, but it has to have 4 HDMI inputs, and at least 3 of them must be HDMI 2.0 so i can run 3 inputs at 50Htz or higher (Skyq, PS4 Pro & Xbox S)

If I'm going to go over £1K. Then I may as well go OLED.

It's either cheap Hisense with a switcher. Or OLED.

Laid in bed thinking it over now. [emoji106]

Yes, the OLEDs are best value right now.

You can also get a sound bar or receiver with HDMI switches to upgrade your audio experience.

Yes, the OLEDs are best value right now.

You can also get a sound bar or receiver with HDMI switches to upgrade your audio experience.

Would you mind explaining this and linking to a product. I would like to get a soundbar eventually

Something like this: Samsung HW-K850 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Review

Just look at ones that have multiple HDMI 2.0 outputs like the one above. Then you can use the ARC port on your TV to the sound bar and leave 1 HDMI 2.0 socket free on the Hisense TV + however many ports on the sound bar.

Last edited:
Thanks, been massively helpful
I made a mistake in my reply that I've now corrected.
Meant to have said look for one with multiple outputs, not inputs. Sorry!

Went to RS this dinner, had a play with the LG WebOS, which is very nice, asked about the LG 55" OLED at £1500 he said within the next 2-3 weeks you won't be able to get 1, as the 2017 model is out, he said RS have only 30 in stock.

We he BS'ing me to get me to buy or are stocks that low?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom