After a 40-50" TV (£650 Max) for gaming/Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Gazroh87, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Gazroh87

Gazroh87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Looking to buy a new TV for the lounge, between 40-50" to be used, primarily for console gaming and some Blu-Ray watching. I don't watch much TV at all but would like the TV to include a freeview hd tuner.

The lounge itself is naturally not very well lit and the lighting I have fitted isn't great atm. The only large window on the side looks out towards a rail bridge and when trains come past, what light there is, is almost completely blocked. :rolleyes:

I will be sitting between 2 ½ to 3 metres away from the TV and the TV will need to go on a stand.

I'm not interested in 3D TV, recording from TV to whatever or anything to do with satellite subscriptions.

Maximum budget is £650, maybe £700 if including delivery and extras like cables/extended warranty/TV stand. So please recommend me something that will provide the best quality and reliability for my budget.

I haven't owned a screen larger than the 28" I use for my PC and don't know a whole lot (apart from some research on LCD/LED/Plasma differences) about current TVs, so any advice and recommendations would me much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Panasonic ST30 is the default recommendation here - 42" around £500-550, the 50" is the current bargain at £700 with 5 year warranty and 2 pairs of glasses (might just about be ok with 50" at that distance if you don't mind the TV as a dominant feature lol)

Although 3D it is also very good for 2D and has low lag and a very good picture for films

3. Luke2g

Luke2g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I find the 50 for 700 with 5 year warranty vickster?

Thanks in advance.

4. Gazroh87

Gazroh87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well my PC is basically sitting in front of my sofa where the TV will go at the moment and will be moved to the left so consider it my entertainment room as there's nowhere else for it to go. I guess it wouldn't look any worse going with the 50" with a big desk and PC next to it. They both look good bargains. Strange the 46" version can only be had for £750 with 5yr guarantee?

John Lewis

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    It's a very good deal on the 50" - Panasonic must have more stock to shift of the 50" than the 46" ;)

6. Gazroh87

Gazroh87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0