1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After 6 years... Goodbye Vodafone (phone branding)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ~Kev H~, Jun 13, 2005.

1. ~Kev H~

~Kev H~
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cant beleive it has come to this.. after waiting what seemed like forever for Vodafone to release the K750i I have played with the phone for a week, realised how badly the branding affects the phone, told them I wanted the branding removed or an un-branded phone (to which they said they could do nothing), and now parcelforce are coming in the morning to collect the phone and I will be writing to them to terminate my contract this week.

I just want to have a little rant and say that Vodafone, you are RUBBISH, to lose a customer over something like this, and to force upon them phones which have been altered to be nothing more than a badly disguised money making scam is disgraceful.

The branding on the phone meant that the menu screen had all been changed and the locations altered (so that vodafone Live! would connect given just about any accidental keypress), MP3 ringtones had been DISABLED ( :eek: ) the phone only being capable of playing "licenced" mp3's from the vodafone website (that you've paid for), and what looked like some pretty decent Java games had been removed to be replaced by shoddy vodafone ones that were "Free trials" :thumbsdow

Just be warned, if you think this sort of thing would annoy you, you might want to stay clear of Vodafone branded handsets in the future.

Kev :(

PS - I'm going to O2 online instead.

2. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    or if you must go with vodafone (cant think of a reason why you would) get your phone from phones for you, as they buy there own handsets for all networks and buy the mins from voda.
    so u usually get unbranded phone but voda sim pack

3. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:
    Same with www.e2save.com GREAT OFFERS TOO AND TRANSFER NUMBA :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I was lucky, i upgraded from a Sharp GX20 (Branded heavily - vodafone bits everywhere on it) to a Samsung D500 (No branded bits anywhere). Vodafone sent me the phone and it is unlocked to any network as i have had my Orange sim card working in it with no probs. I hate it when the phone companies modify the software on it. Orange do it alot as well with their contract phones.

Realslimcookie.

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got The K750i on O2

No branding atall and not even locked, O2 defo got it right for me.

6. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Thanks for the info i was looking at getting a k750i on vodafone aswell :eek:.
    o2 doesnt look too bad with there o2 site you can get £30 per month either 300mins 50 txt and 1mb net usage or 200mins 500txt and 1mb net usage that comes with free k750i and a se bluetooth headset :).
    Does anyone know if www.livetelecoms.com are any good as i was tempted just buy one as there £235 delivered :eek:

7. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Very timely thread for me...

I've just got 2 x 750is on order through one of my clients who are a telecoms company. They have to be on Vodaphone network as it's the only one that works where I Live. I will definitely be checking with my contact that they are unbranded handsets.

Chris

8. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I had no major problems with LIVE telecoms apart from a minor problem with number porting but it was soon cleared up, I think that confusion extended my contract by a couple of weeks.
    When I joined they sent me the contract and I was able to fax it back to them to connect, I've heard of at least one company that sends contracts out and will not send the phone until it receives the signed contract back.

I've found that for the first couple of weeks of launch Livetelecom often are the cheapest.

Steve

9. vickylin

vickylin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I though we could 'unbrand' the phone ourselves? at least on the "Vodafone Live hot key" and the java games? (also the theme/operator logo/wallpaper...etc)

10. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If you got hold of the right cable from the internet, Im sure you could remove the vodaphone bits. Just reflash the firmware with an unedited version.... But I have no idea how easy this would be....

11. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Vodafone branded K750i and downloaded some software to convert MP3 files to a format whereby my phone can now use these MP3's as ringtones and alarm signals etc.

Check out this thread for more info
    http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=78791&forum=2

I have a copy of the sofware if anyone is interested. It took me less than 10 minutes to install and convert my first file which was a 6mb MP3

12. Hill1

Hill1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just tried that with my SE S700i, and it works.
    Thanks for that info