Afro Samurai

vwdubman

Afro Samurai is the story of a black samurai in a futuristic, yet feudal Japan who is on a mission to avenge the wrongful death of his father. Afro is a warrior who travels a solitary path encountering a myriad of enemies, friends and challenges beyond imagination.

Anyone know any more about this.

spuddy01

WOW it does look pretty cool indeed found some info on scifi.com
Samuel L. Jackson told SCI FI Wire that he's completed most of his work on the upcoming animated limited-run television series Afro Samurai, based on the Gonzo comic book of the same name. "I think that it will air later this year [on Spike TV]," Jackson said in an interview while promoting his new film, Freedomland. "We're doing five episodes. If those are popular, then we'll probably do more."

Jackson is providing the voice of Afro, an African-American samurai warrior who, in a futuristic feudal Japan, seeks to avenge the death of his father, who was slain before Afro's eyes when he was a boy. In addition to playing Afro, Jackson is co-producing Afro Samurai with the Japanese animation entity GDH and Takashi "Bob" Okazaki, creator of Afro Samurai. A live-action version of Afro Samurai is also in the works, with Jackson reportedly attached to star. :smashin:

Reign-Mack

ok that actually looked pretty good:thumbsup: until he started talking at the end...:thumbsdow

Rza sound track sounds good too.

vwdubman

Well you can find the trailer Here and can also see a small clip on the official website Here

The first episode was aired on 04th Jan, anyone seen it yet?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Just watched it.
I've tried for many years to get into the Japanese style of animation but I always lose interest, perhaps a 20 minute dose is more my thing especially with some serious voice talent:)
Interesing mix of old and new technology/culture, a little far fetched but what do you expect, excellent website as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom