Affordable Pre-Amp recommendations?

radio3

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a processor that might be able to roughly compete on cost with reasonably modest receivers from the likes of Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc, with similar features, but without the bulk and amplification. My setup uses active monitors exclusively, so it feels silly to buy one of these enormous receivers with amplification that I'll never use.

However, I'm not coming up with much when I look around.

Could anyone offer any suggestions? I generally care about price and size perhaps more than the absolute largest possible number of features, though I would like to be technologically current and potentially able to integrate Atmos speakers down the line.

Thanks ahead for whatever advice you could provide.

Hyperfi are offering refurbished AV7703 direct from Marantz at £849 Marantz AV7703 11.2 Ch AV Pre Amplifier Processor Black Control Amplifier
I think that is probably the cheapest way into a processor - however if size is an issue you might be better off with a receiver even if you don't use the in-built amplification. This second option could well be cheaper than a processor as well.

Can the Emotiva do Atmos?

I've just bought a Marantz AV7705 and the 7703 looks a good price at half what I paid for the 7705 if you don't mind refurb'd goods. I'd have gone for a 7704 but couldn't find anywhere with old stock.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom