Question AF9 Burn ?

Tegs200

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
Recently had an E6 for 2 years with suffered from bad screen burn but just wanted to ask if the AF9 would be less suseptible to it ? Does the af9 do an automatic cycle like the latest LG and are there more measures in place with this set and just wondered if the automatic dimming of each pixel along with the more powerful processor will help , thanks for any input but I'm just not keen to go back to LED but just want to give myself the best chance of it not happening twice if possible, thanks for any help.

Reading the OLED screen burn thread on this forum, I’d say the jury’s still out on whether the 2018 OLEDS are better at preventing screenburn than their earlier counterparts.
Obviously all OLED panels are sourced from LG Displays, so I doubt the make of TV will make much difference, but the recent findings by some that screen burn is occurring due to cumulative viewing hours of similar content (rather than prolonged viewing of same content) would make me very nervous.

Reading the OLED screen burn thread on this forum, I’d say the jury’s still out on whether the 2018 OLEDS are better at preventing screenburn than their earlier counterparts.
Obviously all OLED panels are sourced from LG Displays, so I doubt the make of TV will make much difference, but the recent findings by some that screen burn is occurring due to cumulative viewing hours of similar content (rather than prolonged viewing of same content) would make me very nervous.

And that's all we done , just watched for less than an hour before work flicking between the 2 and it clearly states in the booklet (prolonged viewing) and not regular.

And that's all we done , just watched for less than an hour before work flicking between the 2 and it clearly states in the booklet (prolonged viewing) and not regular.
If I were in your position, a new OLED would cause me anxiety worrying if what I was watching was going to cause the same damage as before.
IMO, I think the concept of a TV coming with warnings about watching the wrong kind of content is ludicrous. We should all expect to watch whatever we want for however long we want without worry of damaging the display.
I know you stated you didn’t want an LED, but you might want to check out the latest high-end models. I think they give very little to OLED and you’d never need to worry about watching the wrong kind of content :)

If I were in your position, a new OLED would cause me anxiety worrying if what I was watching was going to cause the same damage as before.
IMO, I think the concept of a TV coming with warnings about watching the wrong kind of content is ludicrous. We should all expect to watch whatever we want for however long we want without worry of damaging the display.
I know you stated you didn’t want an LED, but you might want to check out the latest high-end models. I think they give very little to OLED and you’d never need to worry about watching the wrong kind of content :)

I have considered the Q9fn and it is ridiculous to be told what you can and can't watch on your tv and pay a ransom for the privalge.

Roll on Micro LED really, then we can have the best of both worlds (OLED&LCD) and not have to worry

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom