Aerial Question from Dim person

Gammy leg

Novice Member
Chaps.

I have the option of 2 transmitters where I live, Heathfield ( primary H ) and Hasting ( slave V ). My aerial currently gets it's signal from Hastings but plenty of houses nearby point to Heathfield. My dim questions is as follows:
Would there be any benefit in having an aerial pointing at both transmitters and joining co-ax cables just before they go into the amplifier/splitter box in the loft? Would this improve the overall signal strength/quality. Digital TV via aerial is not 'officially' available round my way at the moment but both transmitters are broadcasting albeit at a low level. Reception is very much hit-and-miss

Thanks

Gammy

oldnewbie

Novice Member
That would just increase your problems because you would have double signals on the same frequency, You would be better off leaving it and getting a signal booster :thumbsup: ps I see you already use a booster so there is little else you can do :(

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Given equal signal strengths between two transmitters, it is always better to receive from a main station, as it will have reserve equipment and engineers will attend quicker in the event of a fault. :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom