aerial problems combined sky and freeserve

Kentdougal

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have 4 TV's distributed around the house with single aerials carrying analogue & Sky from a splitter that works perfectly. The main TV has built in Freeview which also works fine.Now a number of questions
1)It would seem possible to me that I should also be able to receive Freeview on the other 3 TV's from the same system although I don't seem to be able to achieve it.I realise the same Sky program or Freeview program would be on all TV's as it does now as I don't have multi room.Is this possible
2)I bought a scarp TV capture to use on one TV instead (using the same aerial arrangement)It didn't work showing no signal.Phoned the suppliers they said it wasn't compatible with Sky(although not mentioned in the adverts)Is there any way of separating the satellite and terrestial(will be Freeview)signals but still use the same aerial.
Finally I am not yet switched over to digital due in June.
Any help gratefully received
Kentdougal

Assuming each tv has a digital tuner that can receive the freeview channels then it's perfectly possible for each set to receive the freeview channel of choice at that set as well as the channel selected on the sky box. The basic idea is to use the rf2 outlet on the back of the sky box taking the signal via co-ax cable to a splitter or amplifier which then feeds each remote tv. Using the power supply from the rf2 outlet it's also possible to change channels on the sky box remotely using a magic eye system

It's explained in detail in Martin Pickering's e-book which is well worth a read and I see he offers a money back deal if you don't think it helps

Piping TV Around the House - eBook

Thanks 961
I can change the sky channels remotely at any of the TV's this is not a prob,it's getting the Freeview to feed through to them that's not happening

Thanks 961
I can change the sky channels remotely at any of the TV's this is not a prob,it's getting the Freeview to feed through to them that's not happening

The terrestrial signal feeds from the aerial into the sky box and then out via rf to amplifier or splitter via co-ax to each tv. That tv then uses its tuner to decode the freeview signal. Each tv needs to be tuned to the analogue channel that the sky box rf out is tuned to but if you are getting the sky signal the freeview signal will be there as well assuming the roof top aerial feed is plugged into the sky box

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom