• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Aerial problem

Bess

Novice Member
I've moved into a house but just can't work out how the aerial works. There is an aerial socket and coming out of the wall is an aerial and another aerial comes out of the side of the aerial socket.

There is a remotelink a120d booster with 'input' and 'out 1' and 'out 2' and a white triangle with 2 aerial connections on one side and one on the other side.

There is another aerial in another room so I guess there must be a link to that here somewhere.

Help would be very much appreciated- I've tried lots of different combinations to no avail! Thanks

Over by there

Perhaps a silly question but is there an aerial and cable leading into the house?

My preferred method is connect a TV directly to the feed coming direct from the aerial to prove that working first before getting involved with amplifiers or splitters etc. The aerial looks like the other house aerials and roughly pointing the same way?

Is there a plate you can remove to make sure there is something connected the other side?

Bess

Novice Member
Thank you so much for your response. There is a cable leading into the house and I did as you suggested and the TV worked. I did a lot of research and eventually understood what the various connectors etc did and I have just managed to make the TV work! Thank you very much again for your response

Danny99903

Novice Member
Hi I’m having trouble getting a good freeview picture with my Sony tv the signal strength is up and down and the picture goes blurry every now and again, the coax cable goes from my tv to a sky dish. How can I improve it?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Freeview is Terrestrial digital TV here in the UK fed from an aerial with a coax plug into the aerial input on your TV.
If your TV is fed from a satellite dish and the coax cable downlead has an F-Plug screwed into the Satellite input on your TV that's Freesat.
Which is it?

Danny99903

Novice Member
Freeview is Terrestrial digital TV here in the UK fed from an aerial with a coax plug into the aerial input on your TV.
If your TV is fed from a satellite dish and the coax cable downlead has an F-Plug screwed into the Satellite input on your TV that's Freesat.
Which is it?
Ok I’m not sure but my tv has a TV guide setup on it which I use and it’s fed in with coax cable from sky tv sattilitte dish?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom