Aerial Position

daviduk

Hi
Im planning to put a Freeview Aerial on the roof facia , but where i intend to put it, it will only be about 6 feet from the neighbours ( Semi detatched so both will be in the center boundry ) will this cause problems to both them and myself RE: signal Strength.

Cheers Dave.

sbowler

If you put it on a high enough pole, and providing its not pointing directly at there home it shouldnt be a problem. You may have to experiment with the pointing and direction of it though. We had a new one fitted and the guy left the old one up incase we needed it for a second set, and they point in different directions. One points at the 10 oclock position and the others at 9 oclock. So there can be quite a difference. Are you using a signal strenth meter?

daviduk

I guess they will be both pointing the same direction ( about 9 oclock),as for signal strenth meter i dont have one , good idea ill have a look in Maplins or similar . I could move it further away from theirs as its on the Facia ,but i realy wanted to keep the Aeriels neat so to speak.

T

trevaer

I guess they will be both pointing the same direction ( about 9 oclock),as for signal strenth meter i dont have one , good idea ill have a look in Maplins or similar . I could move it further away from theirs as its on the Facia ,but i realy wanted to keep the Aeriels neat so to speak.
Hello Dave,
Please don't buy signal meter. If you find that your dvb box is working correctly AND your neighbours is also working correcty there is no need to check your 'signal strengh'. If you have digital broadcast now then you'll still have it in 2009.
If its neat and cheap keap it there.
If you are haveing problems let me know.
Cheers

paffren

According to post code checker we can't get freeview but we have been receiving it since OnDigital days with a B group aerial I installed on a wall bracket. I had to tilt the aerial back to get a consistent digital signal which didn't look right at all but gets a more stable result than a more normal looking install.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom