1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aerial lead for Denon AVR 1705?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kart, May 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon AVR 1705. The aerial that was supplied is not good enough as I live in a poor reception area, so I want to use my TV/FM aerial thats in the loft.
    The problem I have is that I can't find a lead with the type of FM coaxial plug that will fit into the socket on the back of the Denon.
    I need a FM coaxial plug with a wide outer part and a very fine pin. I've been referred to Maplins by Denon,and Hifi shops. Maplins say they do not stock such a plug and advise me to try a Hifi shop!.

I figure someone else surely must have had a similar problem?

(I have a similar question in another section, but Ive received no replies, so apologies for this repeat.)

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    Is this what you need
    John

3. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, but no it isn't I don't want to join leads together.
    I need a Fm coaxial plug to go into the amp, but the normal plug will not fit. I have the plug connected to the aerial that was supplied with the amp, and I have taken this to numerous shops, including Maplin, but I can not find anyone who can get me a plug, -or a lead with this plug on -or an adapter!

4. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops: I'm sorry I think i am mistaken the connector would probably have worked. I was looking for a male plug similar to the one on the supplied aerial, and this was my mistake. I have put a female connector like the one johnscarlet suggested onto the female connector on the amp and a normal lead fitted into the other side.
    Brilliant, sorted. (I had the right connectors allready !!)

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    :D I just replied to your other thread , ingnoe it , dont tell anyone :smashin:

John

6. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: Thanks again for your reply johnscarlet.

7. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Basic rule of thumb. The aerial connector on your FM tuner is the opposite gender to that of you TV.