Question Aerial issue

Dgrindrod608

Novice Member
Reaction score
Morning,

Having recently moved in to a new home I have found that I get no signal through my main aerial connection in my living room.
Having ventured into the loft and connecting the aerial cable in there directly to a tv I have full signal. Said cable was originally connected to a Televes box.
I have now joined the working aerial cable to the cable that leads to the living room connection but the signal is not being received.
I have checked the living room connection internally and all appears to be fine. Any ideas?

I have now joined the working aerial cable to the cable that leads to the living room connection but the signal is not being received.
I have checked the living room connection internally and all appears to be fine. Any ideas?

Either your joint is suspect or the downlead from the loft to the livingroom outlet.

Or possibly the cable does not go where you think it goes. If you have a multimeter, short out one and and check at the other end for continuity between outer and inner. A bit of baco foil in the socked usually suffices unless the wall plate is of the isolating type.

All good advice above.

But if you have moved home, it may depend how far you have moved.

It may be that you should receive from a different transmitter at your new location and therefore the TV should be retuned to receive at the new location.
At present you may just be in receiving distance of your old location which may explain why you can only receive when directly connected.

Another possibility is that when connected in the loft, the received signal is only just above the reception threshold, and is sufficiently attenuated when fed through the extra cable and joints to be un-receivable.
Check the signal strength when receiving in the loft to determine if this may be the cause.

What Televes box was that? Photo or model number might assist. Also what aerial is it? and approximately where are you (town/village name) and where did you move from?

Some Televes aerials have amplifiers built in to the aerial dipole connection housing and a power supply box (often with two outputs) which needs a mains supply.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom