Aerial is better than scart

niccam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, just after getting a new 42" lcd tv and at the moment Im getting a better picture through the rf aerial socket than the scart. The scart is brighter and seems a slight bit more pixal in the background but the close ups are ok but still bright where as the rf is a more natural and soft picture and no pixal. Pixal might not be the best word to describe the picture maybe a video that was recored in LP might be the best describtion. I was led to believe that scart was always the best way to go with these 2 options. Im I missing something here or does this happen with larger tvs. Thanks for any help

PS. The scart leads are gold plated

What are you connecting your SCART to?

There are Scarts and then there are Quality Scarts, just because it has the magic word "GOLD" means nothing. I think Asda were selling "GOLD" Scarts for £2.99, but so do the likes of QED for £35+ but that is were the comparision finishes.
What is your source, if Sky then have you set the picture settings to 16:9 not 4:3 and RGB not PAL, that is an example, but until you tell us your source everyone is stuck?.

Hi everybody the source is sky and a video player [2 scarts on back off tv]and I do have a dvd which was also connected via one of the scarts which was ok but have changed it to component connections since

Update just checked the settings on sky and it was set to PAL so changed it to RGB and it seems to have made a slight difference will tell you tomorrow when I get a better look Thanks

Thanks Andy 18765 and Sonic67 the tip about changing to RGB was just the job Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom