• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Aerial install questions re Sky+ Freeview multiple rooms and costs!

goldeneye243

Established Member
I have recently moved into a new house, which does not have an external aerial.

I have got sky+, so it was not a problem, but we have decided to get a tv for the bedroom, so I need to get a tv signal to it!

If I do need to get an aerial installed I want to get as much out of it as possible.

I saw a product from labgear that will send send sky and sky+ signals. Does this mean that I can get a second sky+box in the bedroom? Would I need a multiroom subscription?

http://www.labgear.co.uk/products.p...tribution Units&sc2name=&pid=54&pname=HDU681S

If I can, I guess I would not need an aerial installed at all?

I would also like the ability to send signals to extra rooms if I choose to.

I would also like to do it as cheaply as possible, so would probably do as much of it myself as possible.

:lease:

J7MAN

Established Member
Just as a rough guide a digital aerial into the loft to a dis amp would be about ~£150. Instead of that dis amp I would look for one that has the ability to have the split satellite bands fed into it. I know a company called Frecaro do good ones but a quick google hasnt found them. Theres a mains powered 8 way switch that will take Sat and UHF and combine it down the one cable.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom