• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Aerial for the Bilsdale Transmitter

humax66

Standard Member
Can someone please recommend a good tv Aerial for the Bilsdale Transmitter. I am about 15 miles away from it. I have had a look around at a few but i just don't know how to tell the difference between a good one and a bad one.

:lease:

rupees_al

Established Member
get down to j&t components (i think thats what he's called) and ask him. he sells to all the fitters in boro area so will know what you need, good value too.
but saying that which side of the transmitter do you live? if its the south side then it'll be quicker going to malton or somewhere...
if you are near boro then this is where he is

multimap

just near VW and newport roundabout... nearly under newport bridge.

humax66

Standard Member
Thanks for that rupees_al. And yes i am right in Middlesbrough town center. I think i know the place you mean. I think years ago there was a Dog Swiming pool nextdoor to it.

scribbler101

Established Member
Wideband, to allow for post switchover channels. Have a look at wolfbane (Freeview FAQs) for your signal strength

mickymcd

Established Member
Triax qr10 facing Bilsdale transmitter will be fine in Middlesbrough town centre.You can allways use a pontop grouped aerial too facing pontop if you have and large building in the way i know some spots can be troublesome in the town centre.

soundman

Standard Member
HI ALL:hiya:

At my location I use all types of wideband aerials and all of them are good for Freeview. I have Antiference RX12's and Maxviews. I recently installed a Philex (CAI standard 3) aerial with fixing kit in my parents loft for their LCD telly in the kitchen...perfect!

Most people will use wideband Group W aerials, but in fact Bilsdale will be a Group K transmitter after the switchover.:lesson:

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
At that sort of distance get a log periodic, not because it's wideband, purely because compared to a yagi antenna it has a very flat response and has inherent impulse noise rejection capability. The beeb use them, they should know about these things. Like all widebands they are not suitable for fringe reception when low uhf channel reception is required

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom