aerial flylead

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by davepuma, Aug 10, 2006.

1. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    I'm after a good quality 3-4m aerial flylead that is cheap and white. There are plenty of cheap and nasty stuff out there. I have one that I got from Argos and the fit is terrible. I've seen IXOS etc but they're too dear. The only cheap(ish) brand name ones are Profigold but they're black. Has anyone bought a ready made flylead that they could recommend. Alternatively does anyone know of anywhere that would make a length of co-ax up or where I could buy a 3-4 metre length and do it myself. I don't want to buy a drum of the stuff!

Cheers

2. SlinkDaddy

SlinkDaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Any indie worth their salt will sell decent coax by the metre and if you ask them nicely will probably terminate the ends properly with solder for a small charge. If not maplins or even a big b&q.

3. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Cheers for reply. I will probably end up making up a lead myself but thought I would get a ready made one preferably in white that didn't cost the earth.