aerial feeds to twin tuner PVR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by 68Eddie, May 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. 68Eddie

68Eddie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering buying a Topfield PVR as an alternative to Sky+, as i have 2 tv's with inbuilt digital tuners, will i need an amplifier or twin aerials to feed the potential four tuners? I realise this depends on location so I am not looking for a definitive answer, i am more interested in what people with twin tuner PVR's and or other tuners are using. Thanks in advance. D

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I have 2 Topfields running off an ancient aerial with a dodgy downlead and just a cheapo passive splitter. Perfect reception. Other people spend a fortune and still have problems it is just down to location. :)

3. yetanotherbob

yetanotherbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I use an SLX Gold 8 Way distribution booster, which I picked up for around £20 new on ebay, and feed 2 Plasmas 1 CRT 2 Hummies and 1 (X2) Toppy

I've got a pretty good signal to start with but have a great pic on everything and it doesn't seem to introduce any interference at all ( everything showing 75-80% strength and 100% quality) :smashin:

I would advocate making sure that you use decent quality cable (CT100) for all your cables though

Bob

4. FrankS

FrankS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I just use the short loop thru cable on my Toppy works great, but it's good that they give you the option to split the signal coming in, this way if you are in a weak signal area you have a choice.

5. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    I have a loft aerial being fed through four tuners (Inverto IDL-7000 and Thomson DHD4000). No problems and no loss in signal quality.

6. 12 promises

12 promises

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    i have a loft aerial from b&q which goes into a 4 out splitter and feeds a humax 8000t, a humax fox 200 an inverto idl 7000t and a hitachi plasma with digital and terrestial tuners.

works a treat!!! :)