1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aerial Extension Problems!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dustroom, Sep 12, 2005.

1. dustroom

dustroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to take the signal from my external roof mounted aerial - which runs straight into the TV downstairs in my lounge - and extend it's use into 2 upstairs bedrooms.
    I have no idea where to start! What junction boxes to use, whether I need a distribution amplifier, what cable to use, what sockets to use etc. Also I don't know whether I should put some kind of splitter downstairs running into the TV then one cable running upstairs, then put another splitter upstairs to divide into the two rooms.
    I'm capable at wiring, and I recognise the cables and what should go where but i have no idea what any of them are called!
    Any "idiots guide" style help would be fantastic!
    Please help!

Dave

2. paulflowe

paulflowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/f_type_splitters.htm

or if you have a power socket in the loft go for

http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/amplifiers.htm

Connect your roof aerial to the input, then run good coax (don't want signal loss by using poor cable) to the points in the bedrooms, terminating on a wall port or for a semi-perm solution fit a grommet over the holes in the wall.

The best solution is a 2.4GHz wireless transmitter, connected to the aeriel, then receivers in each room - but these aren't cheap.

Anyway, the above should get you towards where you want to go. The rest of the aforementioned website is a good read, by the way.

Paul. :clap:

3. guli

guli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Any recommendation on a good 2.4GHz transmitter for tv signals?

Thanks

Alex