Aerial extender?

s1hastie

Banned
Not sure if this is the right section to post so apologies if it is but hopefully someone can help me out.

I just bought a new lcd with built in freeview for the bedroom. Bought a more expensive digital aerial thinking I would need it, but it is useless.

So I plugged in the aerial off my old tv which is basically like a coat hanger, and it works fine. However the problem is this, I also have a freeview pvr box that I want to keep using because now and again I need to record. But the position the aerial has to be in to get the freeview signal it wont reach the pvr.

Is there some kind of extension cable I can plug the aerial into which then plugs into the pvr?

Thanks.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
You could buy a coax male to female adaptor (2 female ends) and connect another cable to that effectively joining the two together. If the signal is weak, it might be better just fitting a longer length of coax though. Try here for TV aerial cables/connectors.

s1hastie

Banned
You could buy a coax male to female adaptor (2 female ends) and connect another cable to that effectively joining the two together. If the signal is weak, it might be better just fitting a longer length of coax though. Try here for TV aerial cables/connectors.
Cheers Dave ill have a look now that sounds like the kind of thing I need.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom