Aerial connection for PANASONIC - TX-55FX555B 55" please help!?

Shunbab

Novice Member
I’ve bought and set up my new
PANASONIC - TX-55FX555B 55". My live tv signal comes via a satellite dish and cable and was working fine when plugged into my old freeview box (I’ve now got rid of this because my new TV should have built in Freeview) So I’ve put a F plug connector on to convert the digital cable connector to a standard aerial plug to fit into the back of my tv....
the issue now is when I try to programme my TV it can’t pick up any channels! Am I being thick or missing something? Advice much appreciated!

Attachments

• F718152C-3D64-4F99-80E0-1FDEAAFC2A2D.jpeg
    F718152C-3D64-4F99-80E0-1FDEAAFC2A2D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,538

Bob1954

Standard Member
What do you mean with the words "and cable"? Do you mean the wire that runs from your satellite dish or do you mean "cable TV" as supplied by your internet service provider?
If the first, then you cannot connect the satellite dish cable to a normal antenna connector on the TV, it has to be connected to a SAT input - if your TV model supports dual tuner and satellite receiver.

You say that you receive Freeview. Freeview only comes via normal TV antenna (and some cable TV services). Freesat is what comes from your satellite dish and as stated above, cannot be connected directly to a normal UHF antenna connection on the TV.

Cable TV may not be compatible with your TV tuner because it uses a different frequency range and transmission method that needs to be received by a cable box or compatible TV.

Edit. I just looked at the spec for your TV. It shows that it can receive cable TV. So, if you really have cable TV, then look at the TV tuning menu and make sure it is set to tune cable TV before searching for channels.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
This “Freeview box” you used before you got your new TV...tell us the brand and model number, that way we can determine whether it was Freeview or Freesat.
Once we know that we can help.
Don't bother trying to tune via “Cable”
That doesn't work here in the UK, it's meant for Europe.

Shunbab

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies. The cable I refer to is just coax cable direct from the sat dish. To be honest now you mention my old Freeview was in fact Freesat... therefore I now know what I need to do. Thank you so much

Bob1954

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies. The cable I refer to is just coax cable direct from the sat dish. To be honest now you mention my old Freeview was in fact Freesat... therefore I now know what I need to do. Thank you so much

Yes. You cannot connect that to your TV. That is your problem. The TV does not have a satellite receiver built in to it.
So you will need to install an external TV antenna (spikey thing on the chimney stack!) OR connect your satellite dish to a satellite receiver and then video cables from it to your TV.
Hope that helps.

Shunbab

Novice Member
All sorted now thanks.... the issue is I live in a new build and have the choice of a digital aerial and a satellite dish. That sounds ideal however in the loft I have a mass of wiring going in and out of different junction boxes. It was a question of elimination and now I have it!!! Cheers again you guys are awesome.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom