• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Aerial cable to buy?

mobily

Established Member
Hello all,

I am moving very soon and am in the market for a quality aerial cable to connect to the aerial socket in the wall of my new flat. Is there any particular one that anyone could recommend and where I could get it from?

Thanks,

James :)

mobily

Established Member
Thanks for your extremely swift reply horny!

Excuse my ignorance, but where might I be able to find bambridge and kimber? I have never heard of them.

Thanks,

James :)

eviljohn2

Prominent Member
Originally posted by The Beekeeper
Be very careful about buying coax cable, the differences are HUGE. I mean HUGE. Look at

http://www.netcentral.co.uk/satcure/cable.htm
Very interesting reading, I still stand by building your own cable though - you can choose which wire to use (that guide being very helpful) and perform some reasonable terminations on the end with solid connectors. It worked for me and came to about £6 for 10m - and I've got some of the decent cable they mention!

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
I am all for building your own cable, I have made the odd post on this before ;), you just need to make sure you use the right one :)

B

bobbypunk

The best pre-built cable i've used is QED's but at £30-35 per metre terminated it's a bit costly but there was a marked improvement.
Saying that I've never compared it to a hand built cable only alternative pre-builts and standard sat cable

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom