Aerial Cable recommendation

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Ally1875, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Ally1875

Ally1875

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I note that there is lots of discussion regarding quality of cabling (whether scart or hdmi), but can anyone advise whether I should also consider an upgrade to main (and any interconnecting) aerial cabling - as this is the first point of input for the picture feed. (I am viewing via freeview receiver).

If so, what is a decent quality cable?

Thanks

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Check satcure.co.uk . Avoid most of the unbranded plain white cables you get in DIY stores, Argos etc. as they're mostly rubbish. If you can be bothered, buy some decent coax and connectors from maplins and make them up yourself but satcure sell flyleads.

3. ben.bayliss

ben.bayliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Look for CT100 / WF100 cable. It's double screened and generally accepted as being the best you need. It's also suitable for use as sattelite downleads, so has good frequency response well above that of regular TV signals.

4. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    CT100 hasn't been manufactured for years. Why do people keep recommending it? It was superseded by H109F and that was superseded by WC100. (All of these use air-spaced dielectric.)

WF100 is similar but has a slightly stiffer foam dielectric so it doesn't kink or crush as easily and the dielectric won't suck up water by capillary action. It has the added advantage of being available in six (I think) different colours. Handy if you have several cables coming to one point.