Aerial Advice Please

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by asimmd, Jun 16, 2005.

1. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi All
    Because of neighbourhood restrictions,we are not allowed to put an aerial on the exterior of our house,but we can put one in the loft.

Question;
    Does it matter which aerial I use ( cheapo Argos ) do I use cable for freeview or will the 75ohm brown stuff do the job?

I think if I stood on the roof of our (Bungalow)I could see the winter hill transmitter,if that helps.

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Alan

2. Geofbob

Geofbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    When you say "neighbourhood restrictions", do you mean UK planning laws? If so, I'm surprised, as I thought there were no planning restrictions on aerials, but only on satellite dishes in conservation areas. It's worth making sure you have to use a loft aerial, as clearly a rooftop or other outdoor aerial would be preferable, especially if you want to receive Freeview diogital.

3. asimmd

asimmd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The reason there are aerial restrictions is because we have a communal aerial system,which is less than useless,and needs a serious upgrade,which is'nt going to happen.

As far as I am concerned,a loft aerial is better than no aerial.

I want to put an LCD TV in the bedroom,but without an aerial,it won't be worth bothering.
    Regards
    Alan