Aer Lingus long haul?

Used them in 2016 to New York. At the time the advantages were US immigration pre-clearance in Dublin, no extra charge for seat selection and no credit card surcharge. I found the actual flight to be slightly more comfortable than BA and the cabin crew were much more generous with the drinks!

They have a dedicated terminal at Dublin now too. Only Aer Lingus and long haul flights go from T2.

I’ve not done long haul with them but service on short haul is great.

I've done transatlantic economy and business class - the Economy was OK, nothing special but nothing bad either.

Business class was lovely....good seats, nice staff, free wifi, easy to sleep and love the idea of the express food menu, i.e. if you want to maximise sleep time you can order all your meal to arrive at once rather than waiting for the different courses to arrive over a longer time. TV screen was decent too. The price for business is very reasonable and you can get some good deals !

All booked with AL to Chicago next year. Flying out of our local airport and being £1k cheaper swung it.

Now got to plan out a massive road trip taking in numerous citys/places and theme parks. Struggling with long driving distances between some places though.

Presumably that’s via Dublin or Shannon?

Birmingham to Dublin then onto Chicago. Booked through BA as only need a £300 deposit (booked with car hire) as opposed to all up front with AL.

Now got to plan out a massive road trip taking in numerous citys/places and theme parks. Struggling with long driving distances between some places though.

What kind of distances are you looking at? It can depend on how scenic the route is, but I try to restrict the average daily driving times to around 6 hours (not including breaks)

What kind of distances are you looking at? It can depend on how scenic the route is, but I try to restrict the average daily driving times to around 6 hours (not including breaks)
Wish list is as follows;

Chicago
Sandusky (cedar point)
Niagara (Canada side)
Hershey
Washington
Charlotte
Dollywood (pigeon forge)
Nasvillie
Memphis
Branson (silver dollar city)
St Louis
Chicago

Ideally around 3 to 4 hrs driving between places.

There for 3 weeks so trying to plan these stops in, some just one night others 2 or 3 nights. Struggling to make it work so may need to cut the list again.

Wish list is as follows;

Chicago
Sandusky (cedar point)
Niagara (Canada side)
Hershey
Washington
Charlotte
Dollywood (pigeon forge)
Nasvillie
Memphis
St Louis
Chicago

There for 3 weeks so trying to plan these stops in, some just one night others 2 or 3 nights. Struggling to make it work so may need to cut the list again.

When are you going?
I use google maps and often revise my trips several times before deciding on the exact route.
How long are you planning to stay at Niagara Falls?

Would love to go back to Cedar point.:love:

Makes Alton Towers look like the local park roundabout and swings. :D

Would love to go back to Cedar point.:love:

Makes Alton Towers look like the local park roundabout and swings. :D
Never been, just hope it lives up to the hype. This whole trip is basically built around "steel vengeance" :D

We have done the Dublin transfer twice and it is great to get straight out of the airport in the US having cleared at Dublin.

We were let done by AL on the way back once. They pulled the flight from Dublin to Doncaster for "technical reasons". But it was clear there were only around 15 passengers at the gate, which I suspect as being the real reason. Being dropped off at Manchester then bounced across Snake Pass wasn't a good end to a long day of travel.

Never been, just hope it lives up to the hype. This whole trip is basically built around "steel vengeance" :D

Top Thrill Dragster was closed when i visited away way back:(

Had some awesome rides there at the time. Umpteen coasters too.

New ride looks great but i still want to go back and do Dragster.

I remember walking up to it thinking :eek::eek::eek: it’s as high as most of our tall buildings, let alone rides :rotfl::rotfl:

Wish list is as follows;

Chicago
Sandusky (cedar point)
Niagara (Canada side)
Hershey
Washington
Charlotte
Dollywood (pigeon forge)
Nasvillie
Memphis
St Louis
Chicago

Thoroughly recommend Dollywood (both parks). Lightning Rod is one of the best rides I've been on !! We spent 5-6 days in pigeon forge and really enjoyed it !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom