Aego-T or Mission M-Cube??

ChristianBeccy

Established Member
Reaction score
So, in a nutshell, which is best?? Acoustic Energy Aego-T or Mission M-Cube?

I am giving myself a headache with the constant searching and really like everything about these 2 systems. However, I am struggling to find somewhere that can demo them.

For a system that costs this kind of money (circa £600), is it unreasonable to ask someone like Hughes to demo them both and possibly walk away without buying?

It was the guy in Hughes last time I went in that said the Mission M-Cubes were crap. He really didn't hold back and would rather I bought the Celestion £350 setup they had on offer!!:(

Also, I do like the Tannoy Arena system, but they over-step my financial mark.:lesson:

Well, point 1 in favour of the Aego-T is that they go down to 100hz compared to 280hz from the M-Cubes. To what extent is this relevant?

I would tend to agree with 'the guy in Hughes' about the Missions.
The Acoustic Energys are considerably better.

It's not unreasonable to expect a demo of either or both of these speaker systems (in fact it would be unwise not to), and if you don't like them then you can walk away.

It was the guy in Hughes last time I went in that said the Mission M-Cubes were crap.

That would seem like a pretty fair summary to me. If the satellites are only going down to 280Hz then the subwoofer is having to produce a lot of upper bass. This will result in a very disjointed sound and a subwoofer that is very easy to pick out its location audibly.

I'm no expert, but, I'm a user of the Aego-T's.. I love them.

I did demo the Mission's and thought they were good, not brilliant. I did fondle the Mission's and in comparison to fondling the AE's they felt inferior (maybe What HI-FI should introduce a fondle test and rating? :D ) - the AE's sat's are a hefty weight, and extremely well constructed, I guess contributing to the fact they can handle the lower frequencies really well.

Even now, after 5/6 months of ownership, my 6.1 Aego T speaker set-up still makes me grin like a kid, especially with DTS and lossless PCM from my PS3.

The answer to your questions are: yes of course you should expect a retailer to demo them and yes of course you should have a demo before you part with your £'s - your tastes may/will be different from mine and others on here.

Good luck and let us know how you proceed.

OK, so it looks as if the favourite is the Aego-T set. I think I will get them to demo the Aego-T and the Tannoy Arena, if they will. I suppose I am hoping that the Tannoy set isn't great as, frankly, it's too expensive for me, but I just can't help myself!

They are actually only about £50 off the best price I have seen for the Aego-T's (£599), so I would ask them to price-match or wouldn't be too downhearted at paying £50 more to give them the sale if they put in the effort, but I have seen the Tannoy's a fair bit cheaper than they do them I think.

aego ts are great speakers - they were an option for me instead of the kef 2005s

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom