Aego T 5.1 or Kef 2005.3

shayser

Standard Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Acoustic Energy Aego T 5.1 or the Kef 2005.3 speaker packages. The will be powered by a Denon 1910.

I see the Aego set priced at around £400 + del, and can get a good price for the Kefs from Richersounds.

Reviews for both are very good. The Kefs are newer than the Aegos. I already own the Aego set and am very happy with it, running off an Onkyo 805. Haven't heard the Kefs.

Anyone have the Kefs, or have any advice that would help me decide which to buy?

(Sorry this should have been in the "What speakers..." sub-forum)

i have heard the the KEF KHT2005.3 and was very impressed with them, they look smart sound good and you get the choice to wall mount them, put them on stands or just use them as they are :)

Another option has come up:

Monitor Audio Radius 90HD / Radius 180HD / Radius 360HD system £649.95.

Would this be better? Thanks.

Another option has come up:

Monitor Audio Radius 90HD / Radius 180HD / Radius 360HD system £649.95.

Would this be better? Thanks.

That would be my choice.

There is another option depending on how choosy you are about finish. The previous version of the radius is discount at 50% of the original price. All radius speakers are designed to be used as centre or surround speakers, so you could buy five R180s or R225s. You could add a MA sub, or something like a BK sub, which are very popular and start at £200

With the previous Radius range, you would be getting 'step up' speakers over the R90HDs at a cheaper price. Note the Radius speakers are priced as single speakers.

Radius Range

Sub Woofers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom