1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aego P5 speakers +Denon 3803

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by slimwallet, Jul 24, 2003.

1. slimwallet

slimwallet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For various reasons !! I have ended up with an Aego P5 speaker set and a Denon 3803 A/V amp which I'm trying to put to good use. Being new to all this I have a few questions.

1. Acoustic energy have told me the satellites should not be driven by the Denon, as they are special!!!. They should only be driven by the amplified outputs on the back of the Sub Woofer as this will give better quality and an alternative feed (3803) could cause damage. Is this correct?

2. If this is the case how do I control the volume. Surely I don't have reach behind the sofa to use the front knob on the sub.

3. When feeding the Aego Sub/Amp package via the multipin input with all 6 channel line o/p from the Denon, the Sub hardly woofs at all!. The Denon has a line output level setting for each channel but even at max setting there is little difference.

4. Completely unable to get the Aego Sub/Amp system to "wake up" in auto mode. Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you will never get the auto to work i have never and been told by aego that it dont work

as for the denon i will getting one of these soon i hope and was hope to plug the speakers in that.:( :(

looks like that out the window too

3. Fisher

Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    slimwallet

I've been away from the forums recently and have only just seen your post.

You need a receiver that has pre amp out (on all channels) apparently. I was about to buy the AEGO5 speakers and a Denon 1803 from AudioT, the first person I spoke to there said they would work well together and so I went ahead and ordered them only to be told by another guy (at AudioT) that they wouldn't work as the Denon doesn't have pre amp out.

I was going to change the receiver to a Pioneer 811 but my circumstancies changed the day before I was due to collect them (I was made redundant).

The last information I had on controlling the sound (if it is to be believed!!!) was that the speakers should be wired to the sub and then the supplied multi pin cable (that comes with the AEGO5) runs from the sub to the receiver. You then control the sound from the receiver.

Once financies allow, I'll look into it again. I still fancy the AEGO5 speakers as they did get some reasonable reviews and I (as well as the wife) like the size of them.

Fisher